OA/Arrow of Light

Anyone ever used the OA for presentation of the Cub Scout Arrow of Light? When I was tapped in 1973, our council had an impressive group of dancers.

My Web 2 Den will be getting their AOL this year and I think that would make a very impressive ceremony.

Thanks

Steve,

Contact your Lodge Adviser; ask for the contact info for the Dance Team chairman for the Lodge. The worst two things which can happen are "Sorry, we're already booked that night" or "Sorry, there isn't a dance team at the moment."

I advocate though, rather than this being just a crossover event, make it the prime program of a B/G banquet.

When I was a Webelos Den Leader, I had an OA ceremony team perform an AOL ceremony for the den, then later that same Pack meeting, I did a crossover ceremony that I wrote myself. It worked out really well. There is also a District Crossover done every year in my District and an OA Ceremony Team will perform the Crossover ceremony.

Find out who the chapter chief of your chapter is and ask him, or find the vice chief of ceremonies and ask him. I'd do it soon so the ceremony or dance team has plenty of time to schedule.

Good luck,

SWScouter

• 1 month later...

I've seen many crossovers and AOL presentations that involved an OA dance team. No two dance teams are alike, but I would caution Cub Packs to be sure the dance team understand the time limits you want them to observe.

The last AOL I saw involved a dance that part of a huge B&G banquet which included a magic act, den awards, adult awards, etc.

The B&G ran almost two hours because they packed too much into the agenda and the OA dance ran far longer than the 5-10 minutes allotted in the program.