Scoutnut

You really need to review your math lessons again, according to your stats 61% of the scout associations are coed, the BSA is not which puts it into the 39% minority, duh. It seems you have a problem with percentages, so please learn basic math before you criticize.

Now if you reduce the 155 to just western European, North and South America you would find that the BSA really is behind the pack.

• 1 month later...

Well i think this my first new post in over a year. Adult women in the OA does not disrupt the program in the least. Some of the best advisers in my lodge have been women. Now as for girls being admitted, that is a different story, and hopefully one we will never have to deal with.

Any married man knows that when dealing with women, "whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine."

For some reason it is okay for GSUSA to say that only women can be leaders (men can only be assistants) because girls need a positive female role model. But when men say that womone shouldn't be in BSA because boys need positive male role models we're called neanderthals and behind the times.

Women went to court to invade mens clubs but there are still womens clubs around.

I wanted to work at Victoria's Secret but they wouldn't even let me fill out an application. Go down to Men's Warehouse or Jos. Banks and half of the staff are women.

What Lola wants, Lola gets!

I really don't feel making BSA coed is necessarily a good thing. We have an excellent sister organization in GSUSA and I feel, especially at younger ages, boys are best served by a unique program focused on them and their needs. Much like the GSUSA thinks of its "girls only" program. (See below)

As for adult women in the Program, I think its just fine. I wish more men would get off their duff and step up and do their duty as father's and be more involved. (more of an inditment of men then women)

http://www.girlscoutslolc.org/New/girls_only_environment.htm

I think you could take the GSUSA info below and swap Boy and Girl...

Why is a girls-only environment good for girls?

Girl Scouts of the USA, the preeminent organization for girls, receives a number of inquiries about the benefits of girl-only program. Here are findings of reports by the Girl Scout Research Institute demonstrating the benefits of an all-girl environment. These are five reasons why an all-girls environment works well for many girls.

1. Girls are in co-educational environments most of the day. Most girls are enrolled in co-ed schools, are involved in co-ed religious groups, and live in families with both males and females. Even though girls are excelling academically (in some cases outpacing boys) and in sports, they still feel they need a safe place where they can just be girls without the pressures of boys.

The Ten Emerging Truths: New Directions for Girls 11-17, Girl Scout Research Institute, Girl Scouts of the USA (2002)

2. Girls desire emotional safety. Emotional safety is achieved when girls feel they can trust those around them. It is sometimes easier for girls to establish this trust with other girls and female adults.

Feeling Safe: What Girls Say, Girl Scout Research Institute, GSUSA (2003)

3. Many girls are over-scheduled. So many options are now available to girls that time is the new currency. With so many scheduling demands each day, girls want time to relax and have fun. They say they have fun being around other girls.

The Ten Emerging Truths: New Directions for Girls 11-17, Girl Scout Research Institute, Girl Scouts of the USA (2002)

4. Girls want to talk with adult women who understand them. Girl Scouts adult-girl partnership is a fantastic vehicle for this. Girls naturally aspire up in age. While girls enjoy being in groups with girls of other ages and also being role models for younger girls, they crave a safe place to talk about their lives in their own peer group or with those just beyond them in age.

5. Girls want volunteers who can offer a glimpse of the near future. Volunteers just above these girls in age WANT to work with them too!