Way back around 1974 I completed my ordeal in the T'kope Kwis Kwis lodge of Chief Seattle Council. The ordeal ceremonies took place in a Pacific Coast Indian style long house.

This long house was quite an important part of the lodge's OA program and, unfortunately, suffered the march of time and became decrepit. My understanding is that there is an effort to build a new long house. Does anyone here know what the progress is?

http://www.thelonghousefund.org/

Thanks,

SWScouter

John,

I was hoping a forum member might be able to give a quick update. I'm lazy at heart and was trying to get an easy status. :) I'm sure there must be some members of the forum that are also members of T'Kope Kwis Kwis lodge.

Thanks,

SWScouter

• 1 month later...

"Forgotten/dead websites are a favorite pet peeve of mine."

I agree wholeheartedly, John. I said as much many months ago to the guy who built the site, who was in charge of the project. For a website to maintain any level of validity, it must receive at least SOME sort of update at least on a monthly basis. Just a little blurb here and there, to let people know what's going on, and to let everyone know that it is an ongoing and current project. To NOT do so destroys credibility and the very purpose the site was built for in the first place.

I was involved with that project myself, but I've not heard anything in several months. I was a nonArrowman at the time when I first got involved, and I'm not a member of that Council/Lodge.

For one thing, I can tell you they have a DARNED TALENTED Native carver who's restoring the center-pole and the corner poles. He does magnificent work! He had to repair not only years of rot, but it seems that a little woodpecker decided that center pole made for a mighty fine home. :) I went to Pigott during the summer and I saw the restoration work underway. Even then it was a tremendous difference. I need to journey up there again and see how those poles are looking now.

But I agree, all these progressions need to be put on the site. I've beat that drum but it remains unheard.