End of Honor groups not meeting OA standards

This discussion is not proving out the original 00 rumor but has stepped into a pile of us versus them and boy run versus adult run discussion that I find interesting. Since I cant elaborate on the OA rumor and I dont know much about Mannaseh or MOS, I would like to propose an alternative view. How about starting another group that is adult run but also has a boy-lead side as well? The boy side could be full of mush heads with adult advisors. The boys would be part of a mutual board of directors and have a 49% vote on all projects. There wouldnt be anything secret about the organization because the goals would be about Scout camp improvement. There still would be teepees, feathers, beads and tribal councils and levels of dedication. A person could move up with either gifts of money/things and/or work/time. A boy could not enter until he recognized his worth as a participating citizen, then his initiation would be a work week-end at a local camp. During the first year, he must attend and be part of six planning meetings, two camp project weekends and one tribal celebration/honors/rededication . The second year, he would become part of one of the lower boards of planning and/or fund raising for the same as his first year. There could be several alternate goals that the boys would determine and enact each succeeding year. This structure would support a list of increasingly more difficult goals to be achieved, until he graduates into the adult program where he could assume a role similar to his previous one with the same set of goals. Adult goals would remain foundational and parallel, so that the original boy-lead goals of camp improvement would be met and surpassed. Boy involvement would be equal to their ability as they are in training to take on an adult role with ever increasing physical and mental fitness as well as good character development.

I have observed both uses and abuses of the OA as well as those that simply ignore it as something that is less than supplementary and more than irritating. I have long hoped for a rumor that would support the Brotherhoods goals instead of its increasing diminished role in Scouting. (*as I have witnessed it) FB

Fuzzy's proposal is quite interesting. It would be pretty intimidating to some, in that it requires hard work.

Unfortunately in recent years I have come across not a few in Mic-O-Say who want additional recognition (the beads and baubles and what-not) with only a minimum of effort. The standards in my opinion seem much lower now than when I was a kid.

Concerning the "national" rumour, it has been going around since the '70s.....I'm still waiting.