Dropped my youngest off at OA Spring Fellowship last night. His older brother arrived from college a bit later. Not many others from our chapter are attending, which is a shame.

Youngest is very excited about trying for Brotherhood this weekend. He's been online a few times over the past weeks chatting with older brother about what he needs to know.

These are the days I envisioned a long time ago. Older Scout helping Younger Scout. They are both such great sons. I am very proud.

:)

The Lodge offers tremendous opportunities for hands-on leadership, for learning to be a Thespian, for service to the unit and Scouting.

Encourage your younger son to explore the trail a bit!!!

Congratulations :) to you for being the Mom of two great young men, and to the younger one for going the next step!!

• 4 months later...

I just got Brotherhood Wednesday!!!! yayaya!!! go me, i studied hard to learn the song on the obligation, and the admonition. i am real proud of myself, that same week i got the highest honor of the blackhawk honor,dont know if anyone else outside my council would know what that is, but i got it!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! This weekend my brother, dad, and I are going to our fall fellowship. My brother and I have our brotherhood already and are up for vigil. My dad is going to seal his membership by getting his brotherhood too! It should be a great time!

Wow Kichkinet, a family full of OA guys! Great time to spend together during your fall fellowship.

Older son was on the nominations list for Vigil Honor this summer, but was not elected. He was very surprised to find out he was even being considered. Both he and younger son are looking forward to fall fellowship in our Council coming up in October.

Good luck to you and your brother.

We have a multiple layer cross-conflict this year.

HS Band parade is same day as sons' (he's a tubist) Eagle Court of Honor is same day as Fall Fellowship.

Gonna be a busy day for my son!!!

We're going to go out next weekend for Fall inductions. His Camp Director's husband is going through the Brotherhood. We'll be there for friends :)

Our Fall Fellowship went great! My dad got his brotherhood, and my brother and I had a fun time. We did not get our vigil..but it just shows that we need to get involved more in our chapter. Being busy is one of the things that is keeping us from that.

Good news and Bad News, Vicki,

First, the good news: CONGRATULATIONS. You'll find the Brotherhood Ceremony well worth it.

Really DO spend quality time writing your letter to the Secretary of the Lodge.

BAD NEWS:

IRVING, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Your Lodge is still doing Brotherhood Interviews? National rolled out the Nemat program and the Brotherhood Hike at least three years ago now. Playig "stump the chump" with Ordeal members to make sure they "knew" the questionaire should be as dead as the passenger pigeon.