chapter election team

I don't disagree. My point was...if the DE thinks it's a "huge problem", then the DE can be part of the solution.

Whoa...now posts are showing up out of order!!!(This message has been edited by scoutldr)

Technically, OA Chapters are optional, not required within the organization of the Order. Most Lodges do have chapters due to the size of the Lodge to assist in delivering the program (election teams, call-outs, etc.) but ultimately, the responsiblity for the OA program is the Lodge's. If the Chapter is unable to perform the duties, the Lodge would have to step in.

The Lodge shouldn't have any problem with an election team from another chapter performing your units election but you can always ask your Chapter Advisor contact to make sure it's ok with the Lodge Chief and Advisor.

CalicoPenn

I am seeking the wisdom of the forum again. Our Troop was moved to a new District last spring. I have attempted to get an Election Team from our new District to come and conduct an election for our Troop. Lots of reasons why this has not been accomplished, Chapter Advisor resigned, Team already scheduled for that night, yada yada yada. I was talking to the Chapter Advisor from our old District and expressed my frustration. He offered to bring his Election Team and do our election and I immediately accepted. They are coming next week. Our D.E. called last night (about FOS naturally) and as an aside he asked if we had had our Election yet. I told him the story and he seems to think this is a huge problem. Not the nonperformance of the District's OA Chapter, the old Chapter helping us out. Whadda ya think?

Actually the DE has nothing to do with OA, he cannot make them do anything. Elections for the OA can be handled by any team in the LODGE. Thats the important part is that the lodge doesn't have a problem with it.

One way to cure this in the future is get your troop OA members to be a part of the Election team.