7 hours ago, wisihalacon said:

I may also need to contact the head of Tupelo Lodge to put an end to these shenanigans. How do I manage that?

It figures a parent is involved in this nonsense—and probably one who is not an OA member.

you should be able to find contact info for the Lodge Advisor, adult volunteer, on your lodges website. Your Chapter Advisor might know (some are really knowledgeable and some not so much).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The “tap out” is optional. It is not an official ceremony of the OA like Ordeal or Brotherhood. Many Lodges do different things depending on size. Some Lodges do a Lodge wide call out, others do it by

@wisihalacon welcome to scouter.com

I think that Tupelo lodge has been gone for some time,  could you have meant Tutelo  lodge  161 in the Blue Ridge Mountain council ? 

I have no rank to pull, but I have been doing / coaching tapouts since '75,  and so far as i have ever heard although a lodge or chapter can write their own tapout ceremony they cannot make it obligatory.

9 minutes ago, Oldscout448 said:

I think that Tupelo lodge has been gone for some time,  could you have meant Tutelo  lodge  161 in the Blue Ridge Mountain council ? 

I have no rank to pull, but I have been doing / coaching tapouts since '75,  and so far as i have ever heard although a lodge or chapter can write their own tapout ceremony they cannot make it obligatory.

My misspelling. It is Tutelo Lodge. My old lodge Wisi Hal'a Con is also gone.

I think someone has made a mistake and is for whatever reason unwilling to correct the error and move forward. Unfortunately, there is the problem that one of our scouts is unable to be tapped out here the next ordeal and their election expires before the fall ordeal.

47 minutes ago, wisihalacon said:

My misspelling. It is Tutelo Lodge. My old lodge Wisi Hal'a Con is also gone.

I think someone has made a mistake and is for whatever reason unwilling to correct the error and move forward. Unfortunately, there is the problem that one of our scouts is unable to be tapped out here the next ordeal and their election expires before the fall ordeal.

Isn't the election good for one year? My son was recently elected (was not at the tap out) and he was told he could do either the Spring or Fall Ordeal.

5 minutes ago, Hawkwin said:

Isn't the election good for one year? My son was recently elected (was not at the tap out) and he was told he could do either the Spring or Fall Ordeal.

I'm not sure about the scouts in question but I think at least one decided not to join the OA, but now may have second thoughts. His year runs out before the fall ordeal and if he chooses to join can go to the upcoming ordeal.

I am a member of Tutelo Lodge. 

You will need to contact the Lodge Advisor.  I can give you that contact info if you want to contact me off-line.

Since the lodge had to cancel it's most recent function, I suspect there could be an accommodation made because of that.

The next Ordeal function will be June 1-3.

7 minutes ago, sri_oa161 said:

I am a member of Tutelo Lodge. 

You will need to contact the Lodge Advisor.  I can give you that contact info if you want to contact me off-line.

Since the lodge had to cancel it's most recent function, I suspect there could be an accommodation made because of that.

The next Ordeal function will be June 1-3.

Thank you. I have already received the information and was able to contact the Lodge Advisor.

That's good to know about the cancelation. I will pass that on to the troop at the next meeting.