Two days ago I completed my ordeal cerimonies. I was told the Admonition but i couldnt hear them, they just kinda mumbled it to me. I know what it means. I know everything about it, Ie was wondering if some one could tell me the Admonition. Ive been to the jumpstart website but i cant find my handbook, You can send me an email at cold_as_ice_dude@hotmail.com that would be great! thanks

-Bobers(This message has been edited by calmsi1ence)

• 2 months later...

Not only is it on the web site, it is "spoken" on the site so proununciation is taken care of too.

Yes, at my Ordeal, the admonition was whispered to me and I had no idea what was said. Later that day, I asked others, including the Elangomat (sp?)and got inconsistent answers. Lo and behold, the web site led me down the correct road.

• 1 month later...

Hello.. was just wondering if anyone could help me with the spelling of the admonition. I know the meaning and everything and I kinda know how to say it. But I can't seem to spell it. And to access the website I need to spell it. If anyone could help me that would be great!!

You need a copy of the OA handbook to find the password for the Jumpstart website -- it's not the admonition. If you don't have a copy of the handbook, contact another lodge member and they will be able to help you.

• 11 months later...

(chuckle) I guess I need to UPDATE my 1984 (copyright 1977 and dedicated to the Founder of the OA who passed away in 1980) copy of the Order of the Arrow Handbook. The web didn't exist back then. It's embarrassing as I can pronounce it, but can't spell it, and was never told it's meaning or if I was, it was a long time ago and "old" age is catching up with me. Suppose I could talk to a few of the youth member in my lodge who know I'm active (cook crew at ordeal/work weekends).

I got my book in 1979. Yes the pages are different, I went to our Lodge ordeal last year and looked in one of the new books. Got the word and was able to get into the jump start page. i rmemebered the song and obligation and could not remember the Admonition either.

The spelling and the prounounciation are there under brotherhood challenges for your reference

Yours in WWW