how are advisers registered?

I know how advisers and associate advisers for lodges and chapters are appointed.

What I would like to know is, how are they registered. After all, they are considered to be council/district positions complete with position patch and silver loops, so it would seem there must be some special registration status to go along with these positions.

I asked the current lodge adviser about this, and he said as far as he knows there is no such thing. The advisers in our lodge are just registered in other positions, mostly as unit Scouters. However, I am thinking there must be some particular way they are supposed to be registered.

For an example, lets say an Assistant Scoutmaster who holds no other positions is appointed Lodge Adviser by the council's Scout executive. What should this do to the persons registration status? (Lodge Advisers also serve on the council camping or Boy Scout committee as part of their position.)

If I should be asking someone else let me know.

Though if that someone else is the staff adviser or council registrar, I don't think they can help.

Also, if there is no answer, that wouldn't be unexpected since the current lodge adviser doesn't think there is.

Yet, I can't help but think that there should be some box to check or something like that some place in ScoutNet. It also seems like there should be a membership card noting the position or letter of appointment or something, but the lodge adviser said he never got anything like that either.(This message has been edited by Proud Eagle)

I can't answer directly about a lodge or chapter advisor position but I imagine it would be the same as what I did for my Cub Roundtable Staff position. I filled out a registration form, marked it as multiple, entered the position in the council/district position box (upper right) and gave the form to the DE.

SWScouter

OK, I think perhaps that makes some sense.

So basically the Lodge Adviser should be registered in the same way as the other members of the camping or Boy Scout committee, or whatever committee or board they serve on?

You know it is little details like this that make everything more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...