So, it is my understanding that the admonition is to only be whispered from person to person and to never be written down. I have been in the OA since 1997 but I had never heard about the Jumpstart program until recently. I havent been as active as I really want to be but I moved for work and the area I live is not that active, so... I do not have a current edition to of the OA handbook and I really want to see what the jumpstart program is all about. I will PM a few of you to see if you can help me out.

After reading more about the program, my understanding is it is a way for arrowmen, that are new to the OA, to get more information on how to get involved. I think this is a awesome idea, seeing when I was a youth we had problems keeping members active, mostly because they didn't know what to do. If you don't have a book and you are willing to get this far trying to get onto the site, then maybe talking with you Lodge Chief or advisor about how to get involved will be the best way.

Yours in the

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you could unlock all the passwords and read about stuff on the internet, reading it doesn't do it justice. You need to experience it first hand, and see the boys perform the ceremonies. More than likely, if you're not a member it won't have the same affect. It might all seem very silly to outsiders. Of course, it's not just the ceremony itself, but all the hard work the boys put into it. It is sort of like the discussion about wood badge where to some outsiders it all seems sort of useless and not worth the time.

If you know the meaning of the admonition, finding the spelling should not be a problem. If you don't, you should participate and pay more attention when you attend ceremonies. Unfortunately, many people never bother to attend ceremonies after their own induction, and during their own ceremony they were probably very tired and the whole thing is just a blur.

So, if you don't participate and you won't bother buying a handbook, I'm not sure why you care. It's really only worth the trouble if you're going to be involved.

Try this one "gitchee gummee", now maybe this ludicrous thread can die of its own accord. Man, if this is the quality of the OA membership today no wonder lodges are going belly up. Let these guys go to their lodge officers and not waste time here.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

• 2 months later...

geekster,

Your best course of action is to ask a fellow Arrowman in your troop or chapter. Many lodges have Web sites - visit there and get the contact info for your chapter or lodge leaders. They can best help you - both in terms of providing correct information and getting you a copy of the handbook - a lot better than a bunch of people online can.

• 1 month later...

OK, so I typed in the Admonition from memory - no dice. Figured it must be a spelling error (I am a Hillbilly), so I did it again - still denied. So I went to the Jumpstart page (my spelling was corret, BTW) and copied the word from the page and pasted into the "Forum Password" box - still doesn't like me...

Anybody else having a problem logging in - or is it just me?

The password to JUMPSTART is nto the admonition, but a specific word that is found on a specific page of the OAHB. Probelm I heard abotu si that when they printed a new OAHB, that word was moved to a different location, and the directions were not adjusted to show the new location.

As for the admonition, I know where to find it written and how to pronounce it. ;) Ask a ceremonialist, or bet yet, Join a ceremony team !

Update:

Thanks to Eagle92 for his attempts to help. I don't why but this morning I'm able to enter the area fine - using the same spelling I've been using all along. Just a computer/technology issue I guess.

Appreciate the help Eagle!

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone! I am a Brotherhood member at Unami Lodge. (Scouts Honor!) unfortunately, I lost my hand book for the OA. Could any one please send me the info on getting onto the jump-start web site? Thank you so much. :-)

CBell87;"Hey everyone! I am a Brotherhood member at Unami Lodge. (Scouts Honor!) unfortunately, I lost my hand book for the OA. Could any one please send me the info on getting onto the jump-start web site? Thank you so much. :-)"

Sounds like it time to purchase a new book.