I asked our lodge advisor about getting a book so that I could get the admonition. He told me it was on the back of my card. If there is someone that can PM me and direct me to the words on the back of my membership card (Example 3 rd line last 2 words0 then I should be able to type it in.

ANY HELP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SctDad, ask your OA Advisor to take out his membership card and confirm the Admonition is there -- 'cuz it isn't!

Maybe it was on the older OA cards, I don't know -- but its not on the current cards. And the Admonition per se isn't in the OA HB either. You need the OA HB in order to access the OA Jumpstart website; once there, a little fishing around will turn up the spelling and pronunciation of the Admonition.

You s/b able to buy a copy of the current OA HB at your Scout Shop if you show your OA membership card.

As we progress from post to post, the words "admonition" and "password" seem to have become interchangable, and therefore a source of confusion (what's written on the back of the card, etc). We're not all on the same page here.

BDPT00

BDPT00, welcome to the Forums.

The "password" being requested is the one to get into the protected OA Discussion Forum. As the OA Forum page says, the password to get into the protected area is the Admonition. So yes, we are using the two words interchangeably.

Of course, "Admonition" is not the password -- the password is the Indian word for the Admonition.

What we've been discussing is how a new OA member can find the correct spelling (and pronunciation) of the Admonition by starting with the OA HB and going to the OA Jump Start webpage.

The Admonition is not on the membership card.(This message has been edited by fgoodwin)

As I stated (it appears I didn't state it clearly enough), we're talking two different "passwords" here.

The OA Forum seems to need the Admonition (never visited the site, but I believe it). The other being mentioned here is for Jumpstart, and I quote ... "The password is the fifth word of the title on page 10 of your OA Handbook."

So again I'll say we're not all on the same page.

BDPT00

BDPT00, as I tried to explain two posts back, the only reason to go to Jump Start is to get the Admonition to get access to the protected discussion forums.

As you found, the access code for the Jump Start site isn't hard to get, if you have the HB. But that's only a means to get to the real password, which is the Admonition. That's the focus of the discussion -- the other is just a means to get to that end.

I think we are all on the same page.

• 1 month later...

http://www.jumpstart.oa-bsa.org/

If you are a current member in the OA, you can always get your hands on the O.A. Handbook, since I'm assuming most people who don't know the Admonition are newer members to the order, they should all have their own OA handbook. If you are a member of a different book, that wont work for getting into the jumpstart page, try contacting your Lodge Advisor, or next time you are at a chapter/lodge exec meeting, just ask the person next to you. No one is trying to keep you out, if you're a member, so getting help shouldn't be difficult.

• 3 months later...

Moxie,

IOf memory serves me correctly, when the new OA handbook came out, national forgot to change the info to get to JumpStart. Sorry I can't tell you where to find the word now, but if anyone PMs me and is willing to answer a few questions, I'll hook them up.

While "a Scout if Helpful" it doesn't mean I won't be a had butt with the questions. My lodge had a "poser" claiming to be Vigil of all things, but couldn't find his old uniform, couldn't remember his ordeal, vigil name, etc.