Renewing / transfering OA membership

I've recently gotten back into scouting through my son (he's 7 and a cub scout).It's been 18 years, although was an assistant scoutmaster of a troop for a very brief time seven years ago. I was a member of OA Madakawanda Lodge 271 in Maine. My question is: Can I renew / reactivate / transfer my membership to a chapter in the Atlanta area? I would like to be active in scouting and OA again especially once my son become a Boy Scout. If anyone can answer this question please let me know.

Rob Hutchins

Try to contact the lodge advisor for the lodge servicing your current local council. So long as you are registered with one council (the Atlanta area council of which you speak), you should have no problem registering with that lodge too, if you still have a membership card from Madakawanda Lodge or some proof of membership in the OA.

If you do not know who the lodge advisor is, contact the Scout Executive of your Atlanta area council, and he should give you a few useful contacts.

I was in a similar situation. I just filled out a new Lodge membership form and sent it in to Council with a check. They asked for date of Ordeal, Brotherhood, Vigil, on the form, but no proof was required. I believe there is a rule that you may only belong to the Lodge (and wear the flap thereof) which serves the Council of your primary BSA registration. The flap is only for current Lodge members in good standing.