OA paraphernalia, what should be worn?

Fuzzy-

I believe you we're being sarcastic, but just in case...

I don't think you can earn a Higher "Rank" in the OA without serving at a Lower "Rank", ie, if you are a Brotherhood member, it would be assumed you were once an Ordeal.

Be like if I wore all my stripes from E-1 to E-6 at the same time when I was in the USAF!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm, but once you are a Brotherhood member, you are no longer Ordeal and therefore would only wear the one sash.

Hey! If you cross the MB sash with the OA sash what is the secret significance of which one is in front of the other? And is the OA sash the one that goes to the left? I think the MB sash wouldnt fit right if it goes to the left.

(just joking guys)

sarcasm- a bitter taunt or irony

silly-trifling, plain, lowly; like a low water bridge, as in please duck when you pass under; emphasis placed on the duck, please.

There is a wide gulf between the two and I am a master of the ladder.

FB

• 3 months later...

I seem to vaguely recall, as a Scout, wearing my OA sash folded and tucked/looped over my belt - as a sign of being in the OA... Can't remember if the Brotherhood bars would show, but the Vigil triangle would be there in the center. Not really official...

• 3 months later...

In fact, wearing either sash on the belt is prohibited. The only way to wear either an OA or a merit badge sash is over the right shoulder. Only one or the other, never both, may be worn.

Many people seem to think that hanging something on your belt isn't wearing it. However, the BSA thinks it is.

• 2 months later...