anyone remember anyone from Chickasah #406

Short history: I was a scout (troop 349, Southaven, MS), I was elected into the OA Chicksaha Lodge, I have no idea what chapter... fell out like lots of boys do before eagle :kicksself: and went on with life (college, marriage, kids etc) Now my son has joined a troop after going from tiger to AoL, and lo and behold I'm now an assistant scoutmaster... so in researching my history I find that my lodge (and I assume former council) are no longer in existance... further research tells me that 406 merged with another lodge and they don't seem to remember anything prior to 1995 :-)

I'm trying to find documentation of Lodge activity (and maybe hook up with old friends!) from the Chickasah 406 from the years of 86-91? any photos of lodge events?(This message has been edited by ekitchens)

I would imagine there are still some members in the new lodge that were in the old lodge during that time period. They may or may not be active, but there should be at least a few still registered. If not that would be a bit odd.

As for finding membership records from that time period, you will likely find that to be next to impossible. I suppose someone may have kept a copy of the old lodge roster, or someone may have an old newsletter collection or something of that nature, but that isn't very likely, and even if such a person exists, you still must find them.

It shouldn't be very hard to prove you were a member if you remember your ordeal (and can describe it to them), and other lodge activities of the time. If you have your old OA handbook, sash, and lodge flap that would also help. If you know the admonition that would be very helpful, though I would imagine that is probably long forgotten. Most lodges are generally pretty trusting about inactive members seeking to become active again.

It is too bad you didn't send this a few weeks ago. I spent the last weekend of April at the SR-6N conclave. Ahoalan Nachpikin #558, the lodge of the Chickasaw council is one of the nine lodges in SR-6N.

You can find more about 558 here:

http://www.chickasawbsa.org/template.asp?page=Lodge

and here: http://www.freewebs.com/lodge558/(This message has been edited by Proud Eagle)(This message has been edited by Proud Eagle)

Thanks ProudEagle! I posted that hoping that someone trolling the board would say "hey! that's ME!" can always hope...

I figured that recounting the ordeal would be of some assistance... and recounting parts of the brotherhood ceremony... the admoniton was long forgotten as you suppose... that's that... I do have my brotherhood sash and lodge flap... to my dismay it's not that highly sought after ;-)

thanks for the help!

You are welcome.

If you contact one of 558's lodge officers or advisers, they can probably check around and see if they know anyone from that time period. It is quite possible on of those people you are hoping to get in contact with is now in some adviser position in the lodge.

Back when I was White Horse Lodge Chief there were several people who came forward wanting to renew their memberships because of sons entering Scouting, or finally settling down after a long string of moves, or other such things. While we would always ask if they had an old membership card, we knew that generally would be unavailable. So instead, we would just made certain there was some evidence of their having completed the ordeal or brotherhood. As far as I know all of them were able to accurately describe the ceremony, so we decided that was proof enough for us.

• 5 months later...

I served as Lodge Sec in 1984 for Chicasah Lodge #406. I just went to to the Scout office and paid my dues and filled out a form and I was back in good. The Scout Office can take care of you and then you will have a recipt for dues and can transfer to the local lodge.

Jamie