Order of the Arrow

BOY oh BOY I should not post when I am tired! Dont got no grammar nor spelling scents!

I should add the OA members where all dressed in Native American costumes (the Scouts not the leaders) a big drum was being beat and it was dusk. Much fire and dancing! If you get a chance take your cubs to one of these, it should peak their interest in boy scouting.

Of course I ain't got no spelling scents when I am not tired!

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Help...

I have done tapout ceremonies for 5 years now and I just heard that National changed them and they now have speaking parts??? Anyway if you can get ahold of the Ceremony Guidelines PLEASE PLEASE send them to my email that would be so RAD!!!! of you thank you .....

Brotherhood Member

Brian

Welcome to the Forums

Have you talked to your Lodge Chief yet to get budget authority to buy from BSA Supply Service?

Have you talked with your Lodge Adviser and/or Professional Staff Adviser to actually order them?

I assume you are chair of your Lodge's C-team in writing this. If not, what's he doing about the task?

Wow! Someone resurrected an old thread!

"OA does not have any official call out ceremonies "

I have not seen a National generated tap out/call out script ever (since 1977). Lodges were encouraged to generate their own and include local tribal/camp legends/history in their ceremonies.

Okay, I do not have the site but my father/ scoutmaster printed off some stuff about the tapout ceremony and there are guidelines.

Many Lodges have developed call-out ceremonies for use for Ordeal membership or the Vigil Honor. This recognition has been purposefully left in the hands of the lodge. All other ceremonies are prescribed nationally.

1, The Candidates and teh audience of youths, parents, and leaders should be made aware of the importance of the honor being given.

2, The name and unit number of each candidate should be announced clearly.

3, The ceremony should be conducted with dignity. Rough stuff, kneeling, hazing, and/or any other kind of physical or psychological abuse is forbidden in any Order of the Arrow ceremony or activity.

4, Call-out ceremonies should be held in public at evening retreat ceremony or at a special gathering of all the Scouts and Scouters in the camp. Other sites could be at mealtime in the dining hall, at campfire areas, or other suitable places and occasions.

5, Ceremonies should be dignified and impressive. They should have an American Indian theme with campfires, tom-toms, and American Indian dancing to supplement, but not overwhelm, the honor.

Brotherhood Member

Brian

"if someone could get the position roles of the advisors"

The OA's Lodge Leadership Development websit has resources that give clear job descriptions for several officer and advisor positions.

Further, check out the "Guide for Officers and Advisors", which is the handbook for these people. Can be downloaded from the OA website, and ALL Officers and Advisors should have a copy.

Your Lodge DOES run LLD each year, right?

• 3 weeks later...

NO I'M NOT MY C- TEAM CHAIRMAN NONE OF THIS I AM TRYING VERY HARD TO GET MY LODGE BACK ON TRACK I KNOW I HAVE NO ATHORITY BUT ANY MEMBER OF YOUR LODGE/CHAPTER CAN GO TO THEIR ADVISORS AND SAY WHAT THEY THINK AND THATS WHAT I AM DOING ABOUT THIS SITUATION OK....

P (This message has been edited by a staff member.)