Unit Fundraising with Soda Pop Sales

I didn't want to steal the thunder from the other thread so what about fund raising from the sales of sodas, bottled water, "p" or "g" ades (sorry, didn't want to be brand specific). In my area, flavored and unflavored water drinks fly out of the stores. What would they do if sold for a good cause?

Fill out the Unit Fund Raising form, check in and get approved by Council, make sure of your plans and go for it.

Anything is possible. The Scout Troop of my youth sold fresh, still warm Krispy Kreme donut dozens door to door on a Saturday morning. Made boucou bucks.

Maybe arrange to sell at sport events in your area? At local park? Tennis courts?

"All the day I faced the barren waste, without the taste of water... coooool water...."

Several scout troops in this area sell bottled water (and some sell pop) at community events like parades, festivals, summer concerts on the town square, etc. It seems to go well for them. I'm sure that, in addition to filling out the BSA unit fundraising application, you would need to get in touch with the event organizers to see about doing something like this. But I don't see any particular harm in it.

One thing that would be nice - if you are selling bottled/canned anything, provide receptacles for the bottle/can to be recycled, too. (And if you're selling something with a recycling deposit, like pop cans, then you make money on both ends)

"Maybe arrange to sell at sport events in your area? At local park? Tennis courts? "

sounds good, but most parks and many events are the exclusive "property" of a specific concessionaire who made the winning bid to the town. You'll need to check with the vending license department of your town to see if they allow multiple vendors per site