Missing fundraising money

Thats what it appears to me to be. There was a really ugly divorce and 1 party is not happy with the outcome so she chooses to drag everyone else into the mess.

While I don't handle divorces in my court, I do see enough domestic issues to know that nothing is ever resolved to everyones satisfaction.

Unfortanetly I have seen what a messy divorce can do to a unit, as well as a district if district folks are involved. NOT PRETTY. And yes the local council was dragged into it too. Again NOT PRETTY.

He has a checkered marital past and you still married him, what does that say about you? Sorry, but you sound like the typical bitter woman, playing victim, and putting your son in the middle. You want everyone on your side. My wife has one in her GS troop too. Fight your battles with your ex in the courts, not on the internet and not in the BSA. Living well is the best revenge.

I feel sorry for your son.

NancyB, you are trying to get $300 that never came out of your check book credited back to you? Because your son worked during a hot day. eeek!

The fundraiser was a specific event for Jambo scouts. At the time your son was enrolled in Jambo. Now his enrollment has been rescinded. No refund or soup for you. Besides the "adults' are not taking "his" money. It was never in his pocket and it was always meant to go to the Jambo program. Those thieving "adults" are the ones taking two weeks off work and time from their families to be responsible for few dozen teenage boys as they cross many miles and nights to get there.

For goodness sake, let the $300 fundraiser dollars go to the scouts going to Jambo.

How are you not on the hook for the Jambo balance?

Well please correct me if I'm wrong, but when it's not Jambo fundraising , doesn't the "earned" money still only go into passbook accounts ( or whatever your troop calls it) that are used as credits towards pack events, scout supplies, etc?

In our pack, and I realize you are talking troop - not pack , scouts can earn a percentage on individual sales, but that percentage goes to a passbook account.

That $$$ can be used for books, hats, uniforms or uniform acessories, or towards payment on trips, field trips, campouts, summer camps,etc...

But at no time do the scouts actually get cash handed to them.

If you have money left over after you cross over from Webelos to BOY scouts, any unused money is diverted to the next years Tigers accounts.

If you drop out, the money goes to the pack general funds.

But this policy is explained to all before the first dollar is raised.

I have spent most of my adult life interviewing and taking written statements. I have read your past 33 post and can say that you are not being honest in what you write. To be put on any type of registry for sex offenders or child abusers there has to be a conviction. This is to give the person due process. You say the investigation into your claim of abuse was dropped so how can he be on a register as a child abuser? You claim to be an attorney who has been a city attorney, represented fortune 100 companies and as an attorney for abused and neglected children. In some post you write as if you are third party to these events and ask for advise, and make statement like my sons scoutmaster is having inappropriate affairs with other adult leaders. Then in the next post you reveal that the scoutmaster is your Ex and father of your son. If you are an attorney then you know that these types of half truth statements are deceptive and puts your honesty in question.

We only have your side of the story. You say that you are doing all this to protect you son from your Ex and to keep him in scouting. From reading what you have posted it is pretty clear that your just trying to get another stab in. You are willing to subpoena scouts , disrupt troops just so you can get that pound of flesh. If you are an attorney then this bit of advise I am going to give you should be familiar to you. You have a fool for a client.