Unit Money-Earning Application

I have a question concerning the unit money-earning application. Some years ago the Troop I was involved with participated in a community fair along with several other packs and troops. Many of the units (including ours) set up fund-raising booths.

After the event, the Council became indignant that only one unit had turned in a unit money-earning application, and demanded that every other unit that raised money at the event surrender the funds to the council. Was this action justified?

505 posted...."Was this action justified?"

I answered with ..... "yes"

I further put the ...."why do you think it wasn't?"

I am surprised 505 had to PM me that I was being "confrontational".

If "yes" and "why" sting so much, maybe 505 should not post any inquiries that result in any response.(This message has been edited by dg98adams)

Well, they can demand anything they want. And you can tell them to prove you raised funds at the fair, otherwise go scratch. If they push it, give them 20 bucks, tell them this was the amount raised, and that the unit will not be allowing FOS presentations for the next 5 years.

Yeah ya pointed out that one unit did turn in a Unit Money Earning Application (UMEA). My question was why didn't the others? Were these booths manned by uniformed Scouts? Did the Council Executive Committee give their approval to the unit who turned in their UMEA to wear their uniforms?

"My question was why didn't the others?" Search me. Laziness, I guess.

"Were these booths manned by uniformed Scouts?" In large part, yes.

"Did the Council Executive Committee give their approval to the unit who turned in their UMEA to wear their uniforms?" Yes. The money was only demanded from the other units.

(This message has been edited by sherminator505)

The SE overstepped with demanding the money but the unit was in violation of the rules and could have had it charter pulled.

The national has rules for the BSA and they or the council could pull your charter or individual memberships for violation. Now they wouldn't most likely for not filling out the application unless you keep on doing it. If you set up fireworks they might, just like if you allow someone the drink alcohol at a campout or let someone who couldn't get a adult application approved participate.

"Did the Council Executive Committee give their approval to the unit who turned in their UMEA to wear their uniforms?" Yes. The money was only demanded from the other units.

How did the Council Exec Committee give their approval to wear uniforms?