Parents Night Out

I was talking with a scout family whose son recently completed his Eagle Scout Project. He raised the money for his materials by organizing a "Parents Night Out" where parents could drop off their kids and go out for the evening and the scouts baby sat. Apparently it was very successful. Thought is was a great idea to pass along. Could be a good way to promote your unit, as well!

• Upvote 1

Ummmmm....

Possibilities here...

Unit promotion...

Fundraising...

Charter Org relations (do it for the members of the CO for free or for fee)

Community relations...

I like it!

How far to open this? Just the Troop? The attached Cub Pack? The CO? Friends and Family? Notice in the newspaper?

Show Disney cartoons? Games? Hotdogs and popcorn?

Liability issues (horror)?

• Upvote 1

Found this form of release on Pace University's website for a similar event:

In consideration of the above named student being permitted to participate in the Pace XXXXX Kids Night Out Program, the undersigned does hereby agree to assume all the risks and responsibilities surrounding such participation or any activities undertaken as an adjunct thereto; and further, for myself, my heirs and personal representatives, I hereby agree to defend, hold harmless, indemnify and release forever, and forever discharge Pace and all its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands and actions or causes of action, on account of damage to personal property, or personal injury, or death which may result from the aforesaid participation and activities incident thereto. It is hereby certified that the above-named child has no medical or psychological conditions which would preclude such participation, and I authorize XXXX through its authorized agents to secure for the child any necessary emergency medical treatment.

• Upvote 1