Hosting a Craft Fair.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has participated in several, working for a spice-related food vendor. Although I'm sure there are variations, a typical craft fair is a large room with tables, where each "booth" is leased to a crafter. Sometimes individuals selling crafts they've made (handmade jewelry and trinkets, woodcarvings, etc; one of the saddest I've seen was a guy selling digital photographs he had taken, printed on his inkjet and framed -- but they weren't very good photographs), other times it includes craft supply vendors, people who make food products, and all sorts of other things. Big fairs are big business, where booths are leased for hundreds of dollars, and vendors jockey for position (some pay more for a prime location, for example).

I'd assume Bryan is looking at something much more small-scale than that. My impression has always been that the organizers, after expenses, don't clear very much at all. It has to be well-promoted, with good traffic, for such an event to make enough for crafters. If a crafter makes a couple hundred dollars, what can you charge for a table? 25 or so?

Guy