"For the Troops"

Sharing this great note from our area:

I had to tell you this...At Trader Joe's on Saturday, Shirley Lang and Den 5 were selling when a man came up to look at their table. He asked the boys for the large caramel tin. They gave him one and he said..."I would like two please". The boys were excited when he said this and gave him the extra tin. The man then told them..."Last year I was in Iraq. One day we received popcorn from the States with a note saying that the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts of America sold popcorn and collected donations to send corn to the troops in Iraq. My unit was in high spirits that day because we realized that the youth of America was doing their part to let us know that they appreciated us. Thank you boys from this soldier and all the others that I served with. I will always buy popcorn from the Scouts to show MY support to you." How awesome is that? Shirley was very moved by this man as was I when I heard her story. Just goes to show that we are not only helping our boys with these sales, but we are helping those serving over there feel appreciated!

Just had to share,

Kelsey from Pack 3176

(This message has been edited by skeptic)

That's great to hear that feedback!! Way more than half of the popcorn my boys have sold this year have been troop donations. In fact, between the two of them, I think they've only sold three actual popcorn tins that they'll need to deliver this year.

-Liz