This is our first year selling popcorn at store front.

We bought a small amount of 4 diffent kind.

One of them was the cheese tin that sells for $30.

At our first store sell, we sold out of everything (great) except for the cheese that we only sold 1 of 30 tins.

We have two more sells, but I'm afraid we won't sell the cheese because of the cost

I've asked if we could turn unopened boxes in and have been told no.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks

We might have to see if we can get MORE cheese tins!

The bigger tins usually don't sell real well at Booth Sales, however we will sell some.

Since you sold out, does that mean that the only thing you have to sell at your next 2 Booth Sales is the cheese tins? I don't think that will work well.

Since you can't return leftover S&S corn, how about using it for Take Orders? That is where we are selling most of our cheese tins.

It depends on how your council does it. You might look in your popcorn paperwork or ask your District Popcorn Chair.

My council does not do separate Scout paperwork for Show & Sell and Take Order. At the end of the entire sale we fill out the forms showing how much each Scout sold, prizes earned, etc. We can also return unsold Show & Sell corn.

We will order enough Show & Sell popcorn to cover both Show & Sell and Take Order. What we do not sell at Booth Sales we will use to fill the boys Take Orders. This way the boys can get their popcorn early if they need to, or if they have filled up a sheet.

The boys get credit toward prizes and Pack goals for both Booth Sale shifts worked and for Take Orders on the sheet. I log it all.

When it comes time to return unsold Show & Sell corn and put in the order for popcorn sold as Take Order, we usually only need to take back a few things, and can pick up any extras we still need from the returns that day. It works out well for us.

As I said, the best way to get accurate information on how your council does the popcorn is to give your council a call.

Reading this makes my head hurt... No offense, but I'm so glad I'm done with popcorn sales!

I've often thought that an ambitious pack could partner with a local Girl Scout troop and strike an under-the-table profit-sharing deal on Thin Mints. Both sides would benefit. :)

You might also want to go to round table to connect with other local units who are selling popcorn. Sometimes a trade can be arranged where they take your excess inventory off your hands and maybe they have too much of something you want.