One that has also worked is to get the local High School Cheerleaders, Girls Soccer etc. and have them work the advertising on the street and the Boys do the actual carwash, split the profits and you both probably made more money than either of you would alone.

Not sure why this works.... ;)

Another one I have seen was a rest stop concession stand. I don''t know if it would work up here in Maine. I supported one of these fundraisers a few years back in CT. The troop in question had permission from that state''s Transportation Department to set-up a concession stand at one of it''s interstate rest stops. Everything they offered they had gotten donated and the prices were by donation. They had coffee, donuts, soft drinks, hot dogs, chili. This was the first Sunday in November and they were doing a brisk business. I was the designated driver for my folks on a return trip from a family reunion outside of Hartford. Just before the rest area, both my folks had mentioned needing to get something to eat soon, but it was too early for lunch. That concession stand worked out for us and for those scouts as we left with a few donuts, a coffee, popcorn and a soda.

I spoke briefly with a couple of the leaders of that unit and apparently they do this 3 times a year at the rest stops along that section of I-84 in both directions. Other units take up other weekends.

" "Chainsaws and mechanical log splitters may be authorized for use only by trained individuals over the age of 18, using proper protective gear in accordance with local laws." - Guide to Safe Scouting "

Never said the 17 year old was using the saw or the log splitter...

This has been an extremely high-paying fundraiser for us, and well worth the sweat.

• 2 months later...