• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

Purchasing Manger for a company that makes Diamond and Superabrasive grinding wheels and cutting tools. I have a job most women would envy... I buy easily 100,000 carats of diamonds every day!

I also teach Supply Chain Management through APICS.

In the past, I have been in sales, worked in a shop, sold men's clothing at a retail store, and managed a division for a fastener distributor.

It's really cool to see the variety of professions represented here. I also have to say, knowing some of the backround probably helps understand frames of reference. This is a great thread!

Mark

I married well.

But just for practice, I own a home remodeling and repair business. Prior to that I was the project manager for a small custom home builder and the Director of Marketing and Communications for a large real estate development company before that. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter.

Im a Licensed Marine Engineer, and Certified Plant Engineer, with a BSME. At present I am a Supervising Engineer at a DOE Laboratory responsible for the Site Wide Steam Facility.

In my past life I was the Dir. of Govt Sales for Shipboard HM&E systems for a large DOD testing contractor and traveled too much for a land job. Prior to that I sailed Oil Tankers as a 2nd Asst. Eng.

College professor - main responsibility is teaching organic chemistry (I'm the bane of premeds everywhere! ;p)

And in my "spare time" - mom of two Cub Scouts, den leader for five Tigers, newsletter editor, web diva, committee member...

I work for The Salvation Army as a jack of all trades and master of none. I primarily work as a office professional and coordinate volunteers for different programs including Christmas Kettles, Homeless Feeding and organizing speakers for various United Way campaigns.

Computer geek (software not hardware) supporting accounting, so I'm part techie and part accountant.

When I grow up (and get rich) I want to be a librarian or own a little bookstore.

In high school and college I worked at a small town hardware store and as a data entry clerk.

Currently working towards being the ruler of the world

...to support that endeavor I own part of a graphics/communication company that designs for print production, web, etc. (Anything you can get an image on.)

...so I might be a jack of all trades having read or retyped many of the professions literature here into "salesworthy" graphic publications such as advertising, marketing plans, public relations and such. Specialized in Pharmaceutical Dissemination of Information (which comes close but not quite as big as the BSA in publishing information...wish I had that account!)

When I'm NOT Scouting, I am General Manager of a contract electronic assembly house, specializing in printed circuit boards and cables and harnesses for the controls and medical industry. if anyone needs any, please call!!

Outdoor Education instructor primarily working with highly 'at risk' 11-15 y/o. Also programme and instruct an adult assistant instructor course. Also Army cadet officer - was permanant Army officer (Infantry)90-99. Now also foster carer for two quite good boys - that was my wife's idea. She has a big heart.

Nice meeting everyone. Interesting people.

Director of Finance for an academic(medical college) physician group of over 650 doctors in all specialties in New York City, in the same institution for over 22 years.

Before that managed a restaurant, worked in retail sales, bartender, waiter, house painter.

My troop pays me a generous six figure salary and built me a 4000 square foot cabin (the ceiling in the living room opens up when I want to build a campfire in the middle of the floor). They've also provided me with personal assistant (to make sure all my tour permits and other paperwork is complete) and valet (to make sure I have everything packed for campouts). My personal chef uses only Dutch ovens and ...

Ok, I'm awake now. I was just dreaming for a second. I actually do a couple of things. I coach high school track and cross country and am working to build a company that helps other companies get set up with the online technology (websites, email, database software, etc.) they need to grow with the new economy.