• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

Mr. D,

yep most would rather just write a check....(but with time taken by soccer, wrestling, cross country and school sometimes I feel that way myself) ....

and young-un, I didn't wear no red beret neither...in the dark ages we wore overseas hats which were good for absolutely nothing but they tucked into your belt real nice...so you didn't walk off and leave then like todays ball caps....(least I didn't wear a campaign hat...not that old!)

I've been in the automotive parts business for 24 years. Currently work in the Logistics area of a large west coast auto parts retailer.

I also have my own company, training folks in the proper use of firearms, both for fun & safety, and for personal protection.

I turned 18 just as the red berets, skill award belt loops and sissyfied Handbook were introduced...luckily. My current profession is at the beginning of this thread, but since we are going back in history...

Greeting card sales (those ads in Boys' Life, c1962)

Shoe Salesman (Kinney, Thom McAn)

Finer Mens' Clothing sales

Substitute High School Teacher

VD Clinic Manager and Field Investigator (State Health Dept)

Shipyard Industrial Hygienist

College Adjunct Instructor

Asbestos Worker Instructor - Laborers' Intl Union Training Center

Partner in consulting firm

Currently working in the capacity of Accounting Manager, in charge of payables, human resource and financial statements for a nationwide family owned corporation. Manufacturer of precious metals.

Prior to this job, was working as Accounting Manager for a 10 chain retail store, training and supervising the data processing staff.

First job was an Auditing Examiner for the Commission on Audit, assigned to the Ministry of Education in the Philippines.

I manage a 14-person branch office for a civil engineering consulting firm. We plan and design transportation projects. No fascinating job history here ... I've been doing pretty much the same thing since grad school. It's been both challenging and fun, and we have a great bunch of people.

And, BTW, I wore a flat hat. Those things ROCKED! :)(This message has been edited by jethro)

I am a power plant operator for a state university.I served in the US Navy for 20 years and retired in 1996 as BT1(sw).That is USN for boiler technician first class, surface warfare qualifed-enlisted. I am proud to be a scouter and have only benefitted from being a part of the BSA.

I got into the printing business right after college and have been at it for over 20 years. Currently working for a large yearbook company.

The first printing co. I worked for, well... the interview was really interesting 'cause the boss was a Scouter (a surprise to me) and he was simply delighted with the fact that most of my previous work experience had been the 6 summers I worked at Scout camp. 75% of the interview time was spent talking about Scouting. I have often mentioned to my son and other Scouts in the troop, that your experience with Scouting may very well open doors for you in the future.

currently a fulltime student and fulltime mom

working on my BS in Applied Information Technology

have my AS in Accounting

design webpages to build my resume

was an office manager and a retail clerk

hope to get a job as a network administrator

Small world.

Like Queenj, I am a fulltime parent, but part-time student (most likely at the same University that Kraut 60 works at).

I hold an AAS in History and (after this semester) am 2 courses short of my BS in Political Science. I am going to teach HS Social Studies when I get done. I also coach a HS boys Rugby team.

I have done everything from washing dishes to designing video games in the 20+ years since I graduated HS.

• 2 weeks later...

After 11 pages of this thread, I can't believe I'm the only dentist here. Seems like I'm constantly running into other dentists in scout uniforms at various scouting events...

BTW, I'm also an army veteran, little league coach, dad, and third generation scouter..