So what do you do for a living?

Good on you for putting your living up there Andrew. I was out of work on compo having left the Army and succumbed to the Western worlds prejudice against men who are without work. Dented my mental health and self esteem I can tell you. We all do what we can and personally I think my contribution to society through Scouting is more valueable than my income from work. I dont do anything for church (another story there) and not much for school. So keep paddling Andrew, you are covering more valueable ground than I.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

26 years on the city fire/rescue department and a state cert. building official-- I'm on the councils camp crew for repairs ect.I'm afriad I'm left out of alot of the building projects because of code issuses -- who wants a sagging deck or roof on the gate lodge? RM

GM Buy Power Manager for a Chevrolet Dealership. In between battles, I am thankful to have the time to do Scouting. I am also lucky that the dealership is very pro-Scouting. We can do unlimited car washes here for fund raising and the management is very supportive in my efforts to be involved in such a great organization.

DS - Thanks for asking a question that has no controversy!

It seems that the most popular occupations are military or technology. Well, I'm a former Army-brat that works in the technology sector. Currently, I am Sr. Manager over Web Technologies for a "major quick-service restaurant company".

Thanks for keeping the message boards alive!

Hi,

I run an underground railway to help get Gays out of the Bible-belt.

Sorry, Dave I couldn't resist. 9 pages and no controversy???

Naw, really I'm a central office technician for Vz in a little town in the Texas Hill Country. BTW, Eamonn, this is a great place to retire to. Warm might be an understatement, but the winters are mild!

Have been a carpenter, worked in an aluminum plant, x-rayed welds in pipes for a refinery, played piano in a house of ill repute, now play for church, electronic tech, dispatcher, painter (buildings, not art) and sold real estate.

Now I play with the grandbaby, and enjoy scouting when I get away from the phone company

ya'll come visit Texas

bd

I'm a new employee with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Department of Interior). I work in "Property Management". Prior to this I worked for the Military in one fashon or another. Either Civilian (DoD), Fulltime National Guard or Active Duty Army.

My Scouting background. I'm an Eagle, two years Camp Staff. I've been involved in Cubs (CM, ACM, WL CC), Scouts (SM, ASM, CC), Varsity (CC), Exploring (Advisor)and now Venturing (Crew Advisor). I love the program(s), espically with two sons involved (10 & 15).

Eamonn,

just heard that a family that owns several Dairy Queens here might have some up for sale.

I really just posted this so that the thread will come up again in the todays active topics. I've enjoyed reading this one more than any other. ya'll keep 'em coming!!

bd

Police Officer for 14 years, last 5 1/2 as a detective. Six years as DARE/crime prevention.

About 18 months ago I decided I wasn't busy enough raising 5 boys (2 in cubs, 1 can't wait and 2 more who aren't old enough to know yet) so I got a job as a paid-on-call firefighter/EMT.

I also do occasional "hospitality" (translate:security) jobs for the Catholic Archdiocese where I live.

How did I become Cubmaster. Easy. The former CM and current Committee Chair saw I had 5 boys coming up and he knew he had his replacement.

I have posted some but not in a while. Been doing plenty o'lurkin however.

Man, SPL, you got it good... seven hours a week;)

I average about 9 hours at school a day, 5 days a week. And then a couple on the weekend as well.

Hopefully, in 3 years, I will be promoted to a major school (in which most of you know what I'm talking about) and then many more years doing that;)