So what do you do for a living?

I was a Cheif Warrant Officer in the Army for 25 yrs before I retired, now I work as a government analyst, analizing things for the government.

I haven't had an honest job in my whole adult life. Seriously, I have worked for uncle sam my whole life after high school

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

Let's see now, what do I do for a living? Well, I'm a registered architect, and a registered landscape architect. But the profession that pays the bills is what I do as a registered engineer.

I was a professional student for what seemed an eternity...

Been in the military in some shape or form for 26 years now. Also, taught college classes, driven a potato chip truck, been a busboy, worked in executive protection for a Fortune 100 company, ran a mail room, and repossessed cars for a bank.

We just got back from our District Spring Camporee this afternoon. On the other side of the camp resort we were at was a group of about 100 people having a picnic. They were all professional colleagues with each other, but all their contact until that day had been primarily over their computers. They had a blast meeting each other live for the first time, and I couldn't help thinking how much fun it would be if we could do the same thing...probably impossible, but neat to think about.

KS

I am an Securities Rep and Insurance agent working for an indepenant Financial Planner. I worked as an Asst. Manager for a Credit Union, a controller for an oil company with 30 retail gas stations, an accountant for a CPA firm, a bookkeeper/truckdriver for an oil company.

Certified Industrial Hygienist.(you asked!)

I work for the U.S. Navy as a senior civilian manager. Industrial Hygiene is the science of recognizing, evaluating and controlling occupational health hazards, including hazardous chemicals, noise, radiation, ergonomics, and now, chemical and biological warfare agents. In another volunteer capacity I serve as a Director on the American Board of Industrial Hygiene. I have worked in shipyards, as an OSHA inspector, and as a College instructor. Been in scouting in the same Council since a Bobcat in 1962.

Also a Certified Industrial Hygienist (small world, eh? - thanks for explaining it) I used to work as a wage slave, spent 9 years in a consulting firm that did gov't contracting for DOD and spent other years as a corporate SHE director (safety, health, environment).

Now, I work out of my house as an independent consultant, still quite full-time or perhaps a bit more than full-time. My 15 year old Star scout is home schooled - thankfully, he doesn't need much teaching intervention. My 13 YO daughter is in public school; and my 19 YO son is in jr. college but still living at home. In my spare time I'm both ASM for BSA troop 302 and leader for GS Troop 947. Then there are the 5, soon to be 6 grandchildren with which my 3 step-daughters have blessed me, all living in our same city. I confess, my house isn't very clean. But I'm going to clean it just as soon as all the kids and company leave - it's firmly on my schedule for 2008.

Hubby scouts too, but doesn't read this board. He's a school bus driver. (Folks, do NOT run the stop arm - it makes him crazy...)

You folks are amazing. Keep it coming. Special hello to Dancin' Fox. I will call, I promise.

Saltheart -- my father is an architect, so I know a little bit about it. How can you be both an architect and an engineer without self-destructing? :) From what my father tells me, an engineer will tell you that you can't throw a paper towel into a waste basket because in order to hit it you have to get it halfway there, and halfway from that, and halfway from that -- and since there are an infinite number of fractions between zero and one -- the towel will never get there. He also tells me that an architect can get it "close enough!" :)

Scoutldr -- I know what an industrial hygenist is. I learned it the hard way when I asked my Dow Chemical district chairman if he cleaned machines for a living. Oops.

DS

I'm currently a small business owner and Notary Public. I operate a Postal Mailing Service similar to POST NET. I've owned a landscaping and courier service business.

I've been a Special Projects Consultant for the local government, a municipal clerk for a local mayor, a 4-H youth mentor, served 8 yrs in the U.S. Army, worked 2 yrs in the civil service as an Electrician.

I am also currently a full-time student at our university majoring in Business Administration special emphasis on Finance and Economics.

Matua

System Analyst

Evaluate Software, Set up Computer Systems, train end users, interface between users and programmers. Provide suupport for end users.

For a paper and film convertor.

(This message has been edited by dan)

I'm a pre-medicine student, with majors in Emergency Medical Services and Bio-Medical Research... awaiting acceptance to medical school. Currently, I work for a hospital as an ER Tech.