So what do you do for a living?

Until a year ago, I was a staff-photographer for my local daily newspaper. I currently own a small photography studio. I do weddings, portraits, seniors, pets...etc. I specialize in nature, wildlife and adventure photography. My dad owns a tree farm and I do a lot of work around there. I always have my camera with me and I get a few photos now and then of some of the local wildlife and some beautiful landscapes. I just love being outdoors.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

Sheldonsmom, we met at Iowa Lakeside Lab. When I took my daughter there and showed her the lake, we both burst into laughter. There were so many boats and floats and rafts out there it wasn't possible to safely do anything but just slowly float here and there. The whole lake was practically a giant floating party.

My wife and I were both graduate students. We'd be up at 6am, work until about 11pm and then adjourn to the nearest bar (Miller's Bay Store) until about 2am. For the whole summer. One of our faculty wasn't looking very well near the end but he was really old, 35 or so. Maybe youth isn't wasted on the young after all. ;) Great memories though.

I worked for an Insurance company for nine year in administration. When worked for a software company for 15 years (worked in the field - selling and customer service). Then moved jobs again and worked up to become a senior accountant. And somewhere in there I served on active duty for three years and 6 in the Nation Guard.

But now I have found the perfect job - I am retired!

I worked for an Insurance company for nine year in administration. When worked for a software company for 15 years (worked in the field - selling and customer service). Then moved jobs again and worked up to become a senior accountant. And somewhere in there I served on active duty for three years and 6 in the Nation Guard.

I was a state park ranger for 31 years until our governor decided that they didn't need park rangers anymore and merged us with the natural resources police. Now I am a game warden, boating officer, fisheries officer, and forest and park policeman. In my heart I'm still a park ranger.

I am a former scout that "fumed out" in high school. Then I spent a few years in the USMC lugging a rifle and an occasional machine gun. Went to community college after the service and took 4 years to finish a 2 year degree. I followed that up with 2 more years of college for a B.S. in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration. As if all that schooling wasn't enough, I got my M.S. in Instructional Technology (1999) and a MBA in Information Management in 2006. I am presently an IT administrator for a major midwestern university where I have worked for 10 years.

Unit Commissioner for a 77 boy pack and soon-to-be tiger den leader for the same pack when my son joins the pack in June. They'll have to get another commissioner. Commissioner meetings, roundtables, pack leader meetings and training add the other full-time hours.

I am a former scout that "fumed out" in high school. Then I spent a few years in the USMC lugging a rifle and an occasional machine gun. Went to community college after the service and took 4 years to finish a 2 year degree. I followed that up with 2 more years of college for a B.S. in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration. As if all that schooling wasn't enough, I got my M.S. in Instructional Technology (1999) and a MBA in Information Management in 2006. I am presently an IT administrator for a major midwestern university where I have worked for 10 years.

Unit Commissioner for a 77 boy pack and soon-to-be tiger den leader for the same pack when my son joins the pack in June. They'll have to get another commissioner. Commissioner meetings, roundtables, pack leader meetings and training add the other full-time hours.

Currently Risk Control for Construction with fortune 500 company. Training for OSHA and MSHA in english and spanish.

in the past --

real life cowboy

Coal miner

EMT I and EMT I Trainer

Mine rescue

Production manager Coal

Safety Manager for Coal and hardrock mine

Advisor of new Crew

wife -

Currently homeschooler, Mom, professional volunteer and co -advisor of new crew, lifeguard instructor trainer, WSI instructor trainer, married to me

past

lifeguard and swim instructor

reporter

Radio DJ

Wilderness trainer - white water and mountain rescue

Advertising Director and Sales

Business Sales

Medical Recruiter/Physican Locum Tenet

Hospital Physcian Recruiter