So what do you do for a living?

I am a physician, Hospitalist, at a university hospital and a research scientist with degrees in medicine, engineering, and physics. I am an Eagle scout and Brotherhood OA. I have served as an ASM, Philmont crew leader twice, Philmont staff at the healthlodge twice, and have been on the EB and EC since 1994 and I am currently the council membership chairman.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

My husband owns a glass company since high school and up until a couple of years ago, I was purchasing manager for a chemical company, before that national cust. service rep for clothing manufacturer, before that purchasing manager for spice company, before that export production scheduling manager for home fashion company..... right now, loving the slow life at home with my children

For the last year I have been a sales rep for a local security company in Buffalo, Advanced Alarm.

Before that I worked in industrial laundry for 10 years and also working in groups homes for people with disabilities. I did that for about 6 years. I liked that but hours are not family friendly.

What the heck, I'll help keep this thread alive.

I am a partner in a nationwide hair salon franchise with multiple units. It is a crummy business overall, but it has it's upside. I probably work 12-15 hours per week in the units. I do take a lot of phone calls throughout each day. This leaves time for family, Church service, and Scouting. Not getting rich but getting by with lots of spare time.

Prior to salon life, for 6 years I managed a large LPG rail/trucking terminal for a Fortune 500 energy company that is no longer, and one that is.

I landscaped for more than a dozen years before that.

This will be my first post to this group. I've been a "lurker" reading the various threads, and am now re-assured that my Cub Scout Pack isn't the only one in the world that experiences a little drama from both the parents, and the leadership. I am a new Cub Scout Den leader for the "Wolf den" for a new pack that was started in the fall of 2006.

I was a cub scout, webelos, and a boy scout as a youth. I got as far as the "Life" rank before the "fumes" kicked in (Gasoline & Perfume) and ruined my scout progress. I was a senior patrol leader for my troop, and an active member of the Order of the Arrow. 25 years later... I'm back in scouting with my own boys and loving every minute of it.

I presently hold two full time jobs, the day job that pays, and the night job that will someday. I have a degree in Architectural Engineering, and work as an engineering designer for a local civil engineering firm here in Tennessee. In 2003, my wife and I built a brand new drive-in movie theatre about 40 miles east of Nashville, in the community of Watertown. We run the drive-in on weekends during the spring and fall and 7 nights a week during the summer months. It's a labor of love until the mortgages get paid down, but at the same time very rewarding.

(This message has been edited by bfloyd)

Welcome to the forums Richard389 and bfloyd.

Bfloyd, I have to note that drive-ins figure prominently in my childhood. I remember well watching the Ten Commandments sitting in the back seat with a bunch of other kids and my grandmother in the front passenger seat. And getting the stuffing scared out of me by The Fly and a whole bunch of movies with guys dressed in Godzilla costumes. Later when I was driving myself and dating, I experienced one of my first times at the drive-in. It was the first time I drove away and forgot to take the speaker out of the window. ;) Also the last time.

• 9 months later...

Sheldonsmom, just curious. What part of Iowa? I met my wife in a previous geologic era at Lake Okoboji. I have nothing but fond memories of Iowa. A few years ago on an all-summer campout with my daughter, I took her by the lake and was surprised to see ALL the wind turbines! What a great addition to a climax forest of corn!;)

So I thought I had posted here somewhat recently but I couldn't find it and I went back to 2004 ;)

As was mentioned above, I am a college student. I am a 2nd year student and have Junior standing due to credits. My major is athletic training. Classes for this semester include Kinesiology, Public Speaking, Exercise Physiology, Advanced Injury Assessment I, Practicum in Athletic Training II, and Economics 101.

I also work at a physical therapy clinic and fitness center as a Fitness Staff Member and a Physical Therapy Aide. I am currently in the process of applying for an internship with the Denver Broncos for this upcoming training camp.

I have not done much in the way of Scouts since high school. I am currently registered as an ASM, but only very occasionally make it to a troop meeting. I unfortunately have not been camping in almost 3 years :(

Pack,

I live in Southwest Iowa near Omaha, Nebraska. We used to go up to Boji during the summer but I haven't been in years...too many scout camps!

I guess Iowa now has the second highest number of wind turbines in the country. Just wished they would lower my light bill.