So what do you do for a living?

Came to this thread a little late but - I'm an accountant and contracts negotiator, currently using my other "knocked around a lot" experience to be Church Business Administrator for a large church. Have also been radio news reporter, D.J. and theatre electrician. Two boys - a Star scout and a WeBeLos 1. Woodbadger (Bear), camper and treasurer.

Wish Girl Scouts had offered the kind of program the BSA does - wouldn't have quit in 7th grade.

Vicki

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a helicopter pilot for the US Navy.

Okay, then I"ll play nice.  

I build aircraft carriers for Her Majesty :-D

Hello All

I am a Parts Manager of a Lexus Dealer. When I retire (along way to go only 29) I want to be the guy that drills the holes in peg board. So if any knows how to get in contact with the peg board company let me know. And to Eamonn come and retire here in Hawaii its nice and warm here year round. Right now its about 85 degrees.

Sorry to brag

Aloha,

Ken

• 1 month later...

I ran an election campaign for Vacaville City Council. I ended up losing my election run in 2004. But I'm still going to run in 2006 because I've already gotten a lot of experience in dealing with city issues.

I'm trying to be a career politician, but I still would like another job, hopefully something in the business world.

• 1 year later...

It took a while to get through all 12 pages of this post! I don't know how many other "newbies" will add to this, but here's my story:

I used to work in the public schools as a speech-language pathologist (or speech therapist, as we used to be called.) I worked with regular ed. students as well as mentally, physically, and emotionally challenged students. It was a challenging, yet thoroughly enjoyable job.

I am currently a Domestic Engineer (stay-at-home mom), which also is a challenging, yet thorougly enjoyable job!

My favorite job before my "real" one, was working at an ice cream store.

My least favorite was detassling corn!

Twenty-seven years a soldier, active and reserve. Military analyst supporting a major defense contractor in simulations based training pays the bills. Volunteering as a parent with sons HS band keeps me busy when Scouting doesn't...

It's been almost 3 years since I last posted on this thread and my job status has changed.

I'm a retired Air Force Master Sergeant, and I currently work at my Church as the "Administrative Assistant to the Pastor" aka glorified secretary. I also handle the church computer network, and I'm the head gopher.

I am an EMT and Emergency Medical Dispatcher for Rural Metro Medical Services Western New York operations. I have been working in this field for about 5 years. I plan on starting Paramedic school in august, I think I may need psychological help!

Tim

I am currently a stay at home mom. I also do a lot of volunteering at my son's school. Our family will be returning to the states within the next 6 months after living in England for almoat 3 years. We all had a great time here but are looking forward to going home and seeing old friends again.

Julie

I am a psychologist, and have my own practice specializing in gender identity and uality (which explains my strong opinions about certain subjects ;) ). That's what I do for a living, but what I live for is being a single parent to two wonderful boys. Sometimes it's a toss up which one actually my full-time job....

Edited to add: I'm not sure why the filter removed the three letter word meaning "intimate relations" from the word after "gender identity", since I know I've used that word here before without it being censored...(This message has been edited by DanKroh)

I'm a real estate lawyer, with my own small land title company in Florida and Hawai'i. Retired USAF officer. Thirty years active and reserve.

In past lives, I was a professional Scouter, a prosecutor, a Realtor, an office machine salesman and once, a pin-setter in a bowling alley. I also practiced family and criminal defense law for about five years way back when.

Currently a Software Developer/Architect for a newswire agency.

Previous jobs - PC Board Design Engineer for a major Navy defense contractor, design/drafter for an eletronics firm, book warehouseman at SFO, package/pickup guy at Monkey Wards. In high school, I worked with my Dad refinishing navigation instruments - azimuth circles, sextants, etc... interesting tools which I doubt are in use much anymore...