fundraising problem

Here is my opinion, take it or leave it, I don't think you need her in your unit if she is going to act like that. We know as adults that we have a responsibility to keep track of the money that our boys bring in on things like this and that if we don't we will have to pay out of our own pocket. If she did not want to take all responsibility than she should not have signed him up under her name. Now she is acting like a child who doesn't get their way.

Now get out there and find you another leader, I'm sure you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good scouting wishes coming your way,

Carol

Just a guess---

It sounds as though the woman who signed up for the candy realized she the person responsible for the candy/money. When she discovered it was lost, she obviously got very angry.

This might be because she was humiliated at having to report this situation and/or because she repaying the money would be a hardship. That doesn't excuse the angry and uncooperative initital response, but perhaps it puts in in perspective.

The bottom line is that she made good on the mmonety she owed. My inclination would be to have the Cubmaster or Pack Commmittee Chair write the person a letter thanking them for making good on the amount owed, making an understanding comment about how children sometimes have a hard time learning about such issues, and inviting the child and family back into the Pack.

Children and people do stupid things all the time. I'd be inclined to look for a way to keep these people in the Pack unless the Cubmaster and/or Pack Committee chair think that is unwise.

Seattle Pioneer