A Different Fundraising Idea

I presented this at our Committee Meeting and most went crazy over the idea. It's still pending final approval, but here's the scoop:

Everyone is becoming more and more health conscious. Our Pack did well with the Popcorn sale last year, but the candy was a total flop. We couldn't give the stuff away.

I presented Soy Candles, which are all-natural, made from soybean, beeswax, plant/vegetable material straight from American Farms. These candles are triple-infused with fragrance from top to bottom, meaning that you still enjoy the same aroma at the end of your candle as you did when you first lit it up. They contain no paraffin, which studies now show gives off toxins that will come to rest on your walls, furniture, and get into the duct system of your home. Soy Candles also produce no soot, unlike paraffin candles. They are hypoallergenic, and have not been shown to affect those with respiratory problems.

For Fundraisers, here is the profit potential:

*The 16 oz. Jar Candles (normally $18.95) sell for $18.00...the Pack earns $6.00

*The 2.5 oz. Votives are 3 for $8.00...the Pack earns $2.00

*The Cantaloupe Kiwi Body wash is $12.00...the Pack earns $3.00 per tube

*The Soy Body Bars in either Mystic Melon or Grapefruit Lavender sell for $5.95...the Pack earns $1.50

So....

With 100 Scouts each selling only 2 candles, your Pack could easily earn $1,200 or more!

100 Scouts X 5 Candles = $3,000 Profit

100 Scouts X 10 Candles = $6,000 Profit

With the Holidays coming up, many people love to receive candles as gifts. There are over 75 scents to choose from, so the Fundraiser could be done for any season of the year.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in pursuing or would like more information, just let me know.

For The Boys,

Deb Santiago