UPS and Intel end support of BSA

"Nope, I belive in change from within. Leaving would be like moving to Canada, then trying to change the policies in the US.. So I am perfectly happy staying as an inside irritant."

But you see, I have no problem with change, it happens. If you want it to change, more power to you. If I do not agree, I try to stop it, go along with it, or find another venue. I refuse to be so stubborn as to run off or demonize others to affect change. That is the bullies way of taking care of things.

"Does the BSA "openly push the Catholic agenda" by allowing Catholics to join the BSA?"

I did not say I had a problem with Gays being allowed, I said if BSA openly pushes the homosexual agenda, that is when I leave. Big difference. Do not put words in my mouth.

"So bigbovine, shouldn't you leave your church since the Episcapol Church down the street has homosexual clergymen?.. If not, what would be the problem with your troop not allowing homosexual Scoutleaders, but the troop down the street allowing them.. "

If that is the case, I have no problem if BSA allows it. Once again it's the agenda I am against. You see, my faith may be more "Conservative" but I do not push it on others. I may not agree with other Churches down the street, but I do not go and jump up and down trying to get them to change because I do not agree. I Live the way I believe the Bible teaches in a manner that encourges others to want to do the same. At that point they change on their own instead of being pushed. Less likely to return to their old ways also. But that still does not say that it is right, it just means they must come to that realization on their own. We were created to make choices and reap the cosequences of those that are wrong.

If they say it is up to each Charter Organization to decide, then that is the way it is. I would then find the Unit that fit my beliefs like we did in the first place.

"I'm actually more afraid of avowed Republicans serving as Scoutmasters than gay men. :-)"

Does this make one a Republicanaphobe? :p

""But morality is Black and White. What is wrong is wrong." Won't get too many arguments here but who decides?"

The Bible. And if you do not agree, then that is your opinion. When those that dissagree become the majority and change those rules, then the answer will change. At that time I really hope you got your priorities straight.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, we wouldn't want an evil Republican being Scoutmaster. He might want to lower dues, curtail wasteful spending of troop money and ask the boys to actually earn their rank. Of course he would be accused of trying to "suppress the vote" during troop elections by only allowing actual card carrying members to vote.

Better to have a Democrat Scoutmaster. He would raise dues only on the rich parents ($200,000 and up) and encourage non-members to vote in troop elections because they would vote for the SPL that he supports. He wouldn't allow his Scouts to go to the rifle range during summer camp because "Guns kill people". He would however promise to provide everything you want or need including free camping and food, and free cell phones for all Scouts. The Democrat SM would just charge all of this on the troop's credit card then he would leave the bill with the interest piling up daily for the next group of new Scouts to deal with.

Of course we know that any Scoutmaster needs to be a US citizen. ;)

Ha, Ha, Ha!

Just remember the charging on the credit card was Bush.. So the Republican Scoutmaster is the one to get rid of all revenue dues, popcorn, other fundraisers.. Then hand out money on a credit card to your own family businesses and crony friends, while telling everyone that spending for replacing tents or camp stoves were unnecessary expenses, that everyone is on their own to purchase.. Make up lies and conspiracies about other troops in the area so that the members of your troop see them as the enemy and start feuds and wars with them.. Make sure that anyone who thinks about joining the troop that isnt a white American is made to feel unwelcomed by throwing insults at them.. Making sure your choice of SPL is rigged, by telling scouts that will vote for the SPL you dont want that the troop meeting is canceled on the night of the election and you will hold the election at the next troop meeting, meanwhile you hold your troop meeting with the scouts who will vote for your guy.. Then when the boys dont run things the way you want, you call an emergency manager law, and take over the running of the troop your way.. Or add new Troop rules and Laws so that they are forced to do things YOUR way.

Then when the troop dares to vote you out and choose a new scoutmaster, you have a group on the committee pledge to make sure the new scoutmaster fails by keeping the committee arguing about stupid worthless things, and voting down anything that would be of positive benefit to the troop, then blaming the problem on the new scoutmaster as well as making up trumped up conspiracy theroys.. Oh, he talked to Johnnies mother, must be having an affair.. Little Bobbie got a scrape on the last hike, thats because the Scoutmaster couldnt make it and left the event to two of his assistants., Mr. ASM didnt go to this weeks IOLS training, although it was announced several times, it must be the Scoutmasters fault, for not physically going over and hauling his butt out of bed and driving him there...

It's called humor Sentinal and it can be funny until someone wants to be mean spirited about it, then it's not funny.

Now if moose would have said the SM ® would not encourage 47% of applicants to join because they don't pay dues, then that would have been funny because it's based in truth (or at least a real statement). But saying anyone would insult or make unwelcome someone because of their color is not funny because it's wrong and not based in any truth.

OK, I'll change it to the ®Scoutmaster asks all scouts who are not "American" to self-deport to programs other then BSA, While calling the IH head un-American, and not worthy of his office because the birth certificate he showed you must be a fake, he needs to come up with "other" documentation for proof (meanwhile years back they were perfectly fine with an ethnically "acceptable" candidate, who was born in Mexico, while his American father permenantly was raised and lived there..) And questions why there are so many blacks at summer camp this year, when you know that there aren't very many blacks in BSA. Where did they come from? Where they really registered scouts?.. We must look into this..

But, your 47% comment is good too, only strangly that 47% is a comment aimed at the Scoutmasters "prefered" scouts, perhaps we can have it hit the scouts that worked out a deal with the troop that if they volunteered at the troops fundraisers, their dues would then be covered by the fundraisers proceeds

P.S. I think the raising of the birther "joke" was the start of the race card.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

" But saying anyone would insult or make unwelcome someone because of their color is not funny because it's wrong and not based in any truth. "

I have to agree this isn't particularly humorous, humor based on race rarly is. However it is an uncomfortable truth for the Republican Party. Republicans didn't lose the minority vote by almost a 10-1 margin because minorities feel welcome in the party.

On another subject, a bit closer to the thread topic, although still off a bit, could someone with knowledge of "agendas" highlight for those of us that don't regularly listen to talk radio what the difference is between the "Gay Agenda" and the "Straight Agenda" is?

SA

Update on the San Francico Public Nudity Ban.

A few months ago I posted here that San Francisco was considering banning nudity because it had gotten a little out of control. I can't find the post in the archives, but it must be pretty bad for San Francisco to ban it, the vote comes up tomorrow.

So what does this have to do with gay role models? Here is a guote from the todays AP article:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NUDITY_BAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-18-15-45-34

""Supervisor Scott Wiener's proposal would make it illegal for a person over the age of 5 to "expose his or her genitals, perineum or anal region on any public street, sidewalk, street median, parklet or plaza" or while using public transit.

...........Exemptions would be made for participants at permitted street fairs and parades, such as the city's annual gay pride event and the Folsom Street Fair, which celebrates sadomasochism and other sexual subcultures.""

Well of course, that makes sense doesn't it. There should be exemptions for Scoutmasters with other hobbies. But it does require the PLC to X-out those dates for camping.

Barry

I'm as big a fan of meandering thread topics as anyone else, but am I the only one who thinks this thread has jumped the tracks and rolled into the ditch?

Every thread on the BSA and homosexuals seems to deviate (no pun intended) into side-arguments on Republican/Democrat politics, the election results, the Mosaic Law of the Old Testament, the Catholic Church, LDS, atheism, etc. The same arguments are made, no one's mind is changed, and the tone of debate just gets angrier and angrier.

Years ago I was part of the crew photographing the Bay-to-Breakers 10K race in San Fransisco.

Some folks were serious runners; but most folks ran in costumes, and quite a few, 10%?, ran nekkid.

The lady who is now my wife worked as my loader, and we got to talking afterwards.

Our conclusion: the people whose bodies you might want to see without clothes on were wearing clothes. All the people wearing only shoes, really should have been wearing clothes...

In some cases, lots of clothes. And a paper bag.

JoeBob, I understand what you're saying and I also think that adding a thong probably would NOT be much of an improvement. But if that was your answer to my question, I'm sorry...I just don't 'see' how naked people running around town (regardless of how attractive they are) would cause San Francisco to be a really expensive place to live. Interesting, perhaps, up to a point. But expensive? I just don't get it.