So if Texas (and others) secede from the US, maybe we can change BSA!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Who put New Hampshire on a petition to secede?!!? VERY FUNNY! Which one of you did it?

I'm looking at the signatures, not many from NH.. It's people from other states who are trying to kick us out of the USA..!

Well, we're not going!.. Can't make us! So there!

"Macedonia... and whether or not it's Greek."

And there was I thinking them nuts came from Hawaii!

If they decide to secede the price of sugar will go up and what will the Texans put in their tea?

Sounds like a real mess, maybe joining with Canada might be the way to go?

Ea.

And of course our most astute and accurate news site is on it. I periodically sign in there to see what their latest is, and caught Hannity making a big deal about this. Of course they are also baying about the generals, suggesting 100% districts in Philly are likely fraud, and demanding special prosecutor for Libya, while suggesting once again impeachment. It has been a whole week since the election.

They never seem to see how ridiculous they sound half the time. And, if they actually have someone try and voice something reasonable, they almost never are allowed to finish a statement.

Yeah, and to make matters worse, NC mistakenly killed one of the best generals the South had. That didn't work out well either.

South Carolina, I guess, did the dragging for the most part. It didn't work out well for them either. OTOH, the apocalyptic stupidity that allowed them to start the war is still evident...who knows?

Georgia is too dominated by that bloated den of iniquity with a so-so baseball team - never gonna happen.

Alabama and Mississippi...who cares?

Texas? Oh please, please...

Edit: yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment from Chris Matthews. Any chance he's from SC? ;)(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Anyone can post a petition. I have posted a a petition that we build a large spacecraft and put all of the world's cats in it and send it to the sun. Anyone can sign the petitions. At 25,000 signatures, the white house will issue a PR statement about the petition.

In this case, they will say, "This is a stupid petition put here by someone with a sense of humor."

I am not sure if I heard the original comment by Chris Matthews, either I didn't see it, or since it was during the election marathon I was too tired to notice.. But I did catch his sincere apology for it.. Of course his meaning was taken out of context, he was tired and credited Hurricane Sandy to part of Obama's win, but at the minute was not thinking of the devastation or suffering from it.. I think he gave himself self inflicted penance.. I don't remember if it was a large donation, or service hours in the stricken areas to help out..

Since the media on the right never say ANYTHING stupid.. I guess it is just unfathomable to think anyone would..

It wasn't Chris's best night, I was more taken aback by him ripping Obama's victory speech to shreds as not good enough and not covering things HE thought should have been in it.. Everyone else in left wing media was still celebrating, and on cloud 9.. They all looked at him like he had 3 heads for seeming so ticked off and critical.. He just seemed grumpy and snarly, and totally out of place for being someone who spent months rooting for Obama to win.

Let's say Chris has had better nights..(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Chris Matthews isn't any better than the right wing talking heads like Rush Limbaugh. All bluster, rhetoric, and not a original thought in their heads. Hacks both of them. To try to validate Matthews by saying that right wing talking heads screw up isn't a great validation for him.

Well Rachel Maddow is my favorite of the bunch. Since she has the largest rating I know I am not alone on this viewpoint.. But the one I do not care for is Rev Al Sharpton.. Chris falls somewhere in the middle..

I don't excuse him due to fact that the right leaning media makes mistakes far more often.. But, I do give him credit for apologizing in a very sincere way..

As for the comment about the right's mistakes, I think it is more of a "People in glass houses.." comment. The right media is like a feast for political comedians, as well as MSNBC shows, with all the screw-ups they do.. In turn, the Left media may throw out a nugget or two of stupidity for your mal-nourished crowd to feast upon.. How often do they sincerely apologize for their behavior? I have heard some statements of "I was wrong" when their skewed polling was wrong.. But, I don't think I heard any of them apologizing for leading their sheeple astray.. Maybe some thinking it should be fixed to be more accurate next time, while others put blame on Chris Christie, Hurrican Sandy, Romney for not being a true conservative, and Obama for a negative ad campaign that called Romney a poopyhead. (Although it was sited Republican had a higher percentage of a negative ad campaign..) But when some political analyst are starting to point blame at the conservative media putting everyone in a bubble of unreality, they blister and take offense.

"point blame at the conservative media putting everyone in a bubble of unreality"

And the other side needs to temper their interpretation of the election results as a "mandate" for thier side and generating their own buble of unreality. While I would agree the results clearly show that the majority of the electorate was not enamoured with the Republican approach and candidates offered, it should not be interpreted that the majority agrees with the only other realistic alternative offered.

SA

Well, I don't know about a mandate, but more so then when Bush thought he had one.. I would say Democrats are in a stronger position.. You don't know why they voted Democrat, but they didn't vote Democrat because they prefered what the Republicans were offering. I think the big turnout was thanks to the GOP voter suppression that got people mad, and brought people out to vote as a protest to this..

Some on the Republican side think having the majority in the house means they have an equal mandate.. THEY DON'T HAVE A MANDATE (or they have the weaker hand).. Especially when you consider the gerrymandering being the reason some seats were saved, and the fact that many Republicans in order to win had to run by promising to work for compromise, many new Republicans did not sign the Grover Norquist pledge, other returning ones won by stating they would not be tied to the pledge in order to work for compromise.. There is about 20 Repubs in the new Congress not tied to the pledge.. Others are tied, but still hit a tough re-election due to their hard stance in the past 2 years.

Don't know about a mandate, but Democrats are in a much stronger position to get the Republicans to work toward a compromise that will force them to accept it will not be 100% their way.. I keep hearing it will probably be close to a 60/40 compromise with Democrats getting it 60% their way.

• 2 weeks later...