So if Texas (and others) secede from the US, maybe we can change BSA!

Gee whiz. Bye bye.

I do not think Alabama and Mississippi could afford it. I saw where MS gets $2 in Federal funds for $1 in Fed taxes, Alabama about $1.60.

Boys Scouts of Texas might get some cool hats.

You know on 2nd thought if secession means they get to KEEP the boys in Irving it might be a good thing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the reporting on this - it's not the states that are petitioning to secede - it's individuals within the states that are having a toddler hissy fit who are signing these petitions. I say we let these individuals secede. Dig giant trenches around their homes and fill them with razor wire to prevent them from crossing these new borders illegally.

Brewmeister - BOTH parties must find compromise.. If you are still trying to say that compromise is when the Democratic party does things the way the Republicans want, you are in for a long wait..

Frankly, Republicans do not have to accept how Democrates do things to fit under our big tent. They just need to understand, the meaning of compromise.. And wake up to the reality of the world they live in.

We need a two party system.. So, I don't think Democrats want to welcome you into our tent so we are one big happy family. What they are looking for is for you to modernize for todays world and be less cruel to anyone who is not a white male.. Basically you need to find a better Fiscally conservative program, and go back to not trying to force social conform through government.. You want to be a party of small government? Well with you social agenda you are far from small government..

Small government doesn't :

1) put up brick walls to what an individual can do..

2) It doesn't make up laws to restrict the rights of others in voting.

3) It is not like Michigans Republican Govenor who created some sort of Emergancy take over program that allows the Republican govenor to choose any city he wishes (usually with Democratic local government) and bring in a dictator that can thow all the elected official out, fire anyone they choose, sell off any assets of the town they wish, and force the town to pay them some exorbant salary for all this help.

4) It is not Virgina's Governor Ultrasound..

5) It is not Arizona's tough immigrations laws..

6) If you want to stay out of buisness, then why are republicans getting involved in breaking up unions? If Government should stay out of buisness, they shouldn't take sides and try to create laws to favor their side.. That goes for laws targeted specifically to make it impossible for a specific buisness you don't like to function (Planned Parenthood)..

If you want to champion small government, then doen't be such an oppressive and cruel and dictating government.. Figure out what small government truely means and revamp your program.

As for Fiscally conservative.. Sorry, spending more with less tax revenue, just does not compute.. It returns you to the Bush's failed economy.. Find a new smart workable fiscal program..

Republicans need to wake up, and become a party with new ideas.. Listen to people you recently rejected.. Jon Huntsman was on an interveiw the other day, he sounded rational.. Listen to small pool of younger people in your party.. The daughter of John McCain also sounded like she had an inkling of what is wrong with your party..

Your party has hope, if it seeks out the knowledge of those in it who acknowldge you need to change, and you start to listen to them.

Forget a civil war with the USA, work on not having a civil war within your own party, by listening to each other and finding a new message and new solutions for todays world.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Calico - You are correct.. None of these states Govenments have signed on to these ideas, also it is silly to think you can remove a state from being a part of the US with 250,000 votes when there are millions in your state..

I am not sure what Obama does once 250,000 members sign a petition, perhaps congress is suppose to look into the viability of the suggestion.. Which if you are 250,000 out of millions in the state and your State Government is not on board, will not get you far..

Still it is an interesting show of an adult having a 5 year olds temper tantrum.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Just for the fun of it I went to the site and created 6 users using 6 different email addresses. It let me log in 6 times from same computer, it doesn't check IP addresses apparently.

I voted on the same petition, actually 3 of them 6 times. So that system is BROKEN.

My real comment is WOW, you got 25000 people out of how many?

Didn't a group of states try seceeding before? How did that work out, talk about not learning from hisotry

Actually, even if the BSA was in the Republic Of Texas, does that mean they can't work in the USA? Don't we have conpanies who do business in the US who have "international" headquarters?

Well, apparently 48% of people don't share the "majority" viewpoint. Thats not exactly an overwelming mandate.

Having said that, have the secessionates , Johnny Rebs, I'll call them really thought it thorugh? No, not likley.

Beats being told the President was born in Kenya you must admit

Moose,

A couple of things. You have misinterpreted a lot of Republican ideas.

Moosetracker wrote:

1) put up brick walls to what an individual can do..

2) It doesn't make up laws to restrict the rights of others in voting.

3) It is not like Michigans Republican Govenor who created some sort of Emergancy take over program that allows the Republican govenor to choose any city he wishes (usually with Democratic local government) and bring in a dictator that can thow all the elected official out, fire anyone they choose, sell off any assets of the town they wish, and force the town to pay them some exorbant salary for all this help.

4) It is not Virgina's Governor Ultrasound..

5) It is not Arizona's tough immigrations laws..

6) If you want to stay out of buisness, then why are republicans getting involved in breaking up unions? If Government should stay out of buisness, they shouldn't take sides and try to create laws to favor their side.. That goes for laws targeted specifically to make it impossible for a specific buisness you don't like to function (Planned Parenthood)..

1. What walls are being erected by Republicans on individuals?

2. Foreign observers marvel that we don't require voter ID in most states. How is requiring proof of ID restricting other people's voting rights?

3. Unsure what you are talking about.

4. Agreed on that one, it is too intrusive, although I do think the antis are exaggerating about the exact procedure required. I've never heard of the ultrasound mentioned by pro-choicers until this argument.

5. AZ's laws just enforce federal law. It is illegal for undocumented people to work in the United States. That is not a AZ law.

6. The only unions the Republicans are against in terms of law are for public worker unions, which until fairly recently in history were considered to be unnecessary, due to the high amount of benefits we give civil service workers. Other than that, they are eliminating laws which require union membership for employment, which is pro-worker. Planned Parenthood is not a business, it is a federally subsidized non-profit. The main thing the Republicans want to do is to stop subsidizing it, which is smaller government.

Hate discussing politics, but I've been wondering what the hubub is about number 4.

My wife goes to the OB/GYN says doc I think I'm pregnant. He says "What makes you think you're pregnant?", We'll I haven't had my period and the test from the drug store came back positive". He says "Well the best way to tell is" and breaks out his ultrasound wand.

Seems if we seeking an abortion, he'd make sure she was pregnant in the same fashion (because can you imagine the lawsuit stemming from performing an abortion on someone who isn't pregnant?).

So, if its going to be used anyway, how is it intrusive?

It's an honest question. Not taking a stance here...