Political trends

Furthermore, Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism, funneling money to Al Qaeda and other anti American groups.

Well if that is a bases for starting a war, why are we tiptoeing around starting up some new war with Iran? Come-on guys! Lets go!..

You need to build up a heaping pile of proof & build up enough fear before you can engage, or risk being sanctioned by the UN, and not having the backing of the American people.

Do I need to say more then he is a Republican?. Could have been the al Queda link, but he couldn't muster enough support with just the affiliation to al Queda.. Could have been oil, only his opinion of what the final results would be did not turn out as planned.. Could have been the fact he thought Hussein had tried to kill his father, Bush Sr.. Could have been because like most Republicans there is a belief that war stimulates our economy..

To walk around in side the mind of a Republican is sometimes very difficult.. I mean who knew the Republicans reasoning to not allow exemptions for the morning after pill, or abortion after a women is raped, is due to the fact that the womens body has a way of shutting that whole thing down if it is a legitamite rape...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well if that is a bases for starting a war, why are we tiptoeing around starting up some new war with Iran? Come-on guys! Lets go!."

Moosetracker: Way to take my comments out of context. Sponsoring a terrorist organization is a very dangerous threat. However I do not believe it alone is sufficent enough for combat. I did cite a whole host of other reasons, however you decided to selectively edit them out.

Furthermore, lets talk about Obama lieing repeatedly about the attack on our Ambassador in Libya. The adminstration was warned it was coming, failed to act, failed to reply decisively, saying it "Protesters" and only recently admits that they were members of Islamic Maghreb. That too is lieing. Or is it only bad when Republicans lie?(This message has been edited by Sentinel947)

Packsaddle, I'm giving you moral support.

Beavah, how do you feel about Obama's foreign policy expertise now?

"Egypt is not an ally."

Unrest and demonstrations against US interests in the Arab world are because of a YouTube video...

Carney: "If the president visits one foreign leader (while they're in town at the UN) he'll have to vistit ten." So he went on 'The View' instead...

Obama has a foreign policy? Somebody needs to tell Susan Rice.

I am truly miffed with many of my conservative colleagues who are letting the abortion issue lead the agenda over a cliff. Abortion should not be a political issue. Smaller government should not include extra regulation of womens' health care decisions.

Pack, I think the "give Romney a chance" viewpoint would sound better if he were a lot more specific about what he would actually do (about the economy in particular) if he were elected. Otherwise, the easy answer to "give him a chance" is, a chance to do what? If he's the man to fix things, why don't we really know how he would fix them? Two possibilities come to mind: One, he can't be very specific, because he doesn't know the answers himself. Two, he actually does know, but it is a "secret plan" that is so "radical" (like maybe coming out in favor of the Bowles-Simpson plan) that he is afraid to say it before the election. I tend to go with option one -- leaving his main argument, just "give me a chance" without any real reason to believe he would do any better. That kind of argument usually sounds better coming from a 7-year-old who wants more at-bats in his t-ball league. It doesn't sound so good in the Big Leagues.

I do like your idea of you voting for Gary Johnson, however. :) Not that it probably matters in your state, which I assume is solid red regardless of how you vote.

NJ, heh, heh, I'll look for a silver lining wherever I can find it. In this case one of the good things about living in a solid red region where Romney has it wrapped up already is that we don't have to suffer through the political ads that someone in, say, Florida must be suffering through right now. I can only imagine, lol. Around these parts, Obama only puts in a token spot once in a while, I guess to remind us that he's still President, if only for a little while longer. ;)

Thanks JoeBob, I have to think that Beavah is just trying to jerk our chains on that. At least I hope that's what he's trying to do. And I agree with you about the contradiction that arises from letting the abortion issue hijack what otherwise ought to be a 'keep government out of our lives' approach. It really is frustrating.

Sorry Sentinel - my objective was not to get your nose out of joint by feeling I was purposely taking your statement out of context.. It was to throw some humor into the arena.. I tend to have sarcastic humor.. Should of ended it with a smiley face. :) My beef is not with you, you are an undecided, therefore I don't see your words meant to poke at be but to simply try to open up a discussion of varying opinions on the situation. Seriously though, It does take alot to get the backing of the U.N. which is why what you listed was not enough, so things were doctored to look like we had more of a problem then we had..

Now talk about taking things out of context:

JoeBob:

"Egypt is not an ally." Full phrase was "Egypt is neither an enemy, nor an ally." then additional fill in that it is under a new government and is going through growing pains currently or trying to find it's way.. Obama was making a chess play, to send out a message to Morsi to start taking control of the situation.. The play hit it's mark..

"Unrest and demonstrations against US interests in the Arab world are because of a YouTube video. They did acknowlege that there was a hint that the Ambassy, looked like it was more.. But, they did not confirm it until analysts went in did a full investigation and reported back..) But, the start up demonstration was about the video, and the other protest throughout the middle east is about the video.. The other thing to realize is that all the people of these countries are protesting and rioting. That would be like saying the Occupy Wall street movement was conducted by all the people in the United States.. Also if you ever turn the dial and watch other things then FOX news, it is interesting to hear people from the middle East talk about it.. Some are seeing this as a positive sign, not only those who are rising up to demonstrate their support for the US, the Ambassador, and the group who ran some of the terriorist out of where ever they were nested, but even those who are feeling free to voice their anger.. It is too complex to go into, but it is not a simple "This is a bad thing" answer..

Carney: "If the president visits one foreign leader (while they're in town at the UN) he'll have to vistit ten." So he went on 'The View' instead... This one may be a right move, or a wrong move.. To republicans they can ham it up, they have little else to attack the encumbant on, while we have a host of material on Romney, and the list just keeps on growing.. They were going to solve anything with a 15 minute face to face discussion, and seeing he is up for re-election if they really couldn't agree on any long term plans at this time, if it were possible.

Now I have to ask, since the radical right has been asserting that Obama is a member of the muslim brotherhood.. I mean this is one of your consperacy theroys.. Why is it they decide not to be good little boys and girls and play nice until Obama is re-elected? I mean the whole theory is that he is trying to hand our government over to them so they can slaughter us.. Why would they do anything to upset these well laid plans, by rioting and rebel raising a month before the elections?

Moose, I apologize for the snipyness. I missed the attempted humor.

To add to your comment, the whole Obama is a muslim thing is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

Also the Rioting in the middle East is a result of American interventionist policies of the last 50 years. The video itself was the spark. The rioting was a convienent way for Al Qaeda affliates to attack our ambassador while pretending it was the "will" of the people of Libya.

I think NOW is the time to reinforce our support of Libya and their people. It is too strategic an area to lose to Islamist terrorist networks. It's large amount of oil, well placed ports, it's closeness to Europe, and it's easy access to the Suez Canal would be disasterous if it fell into terrorist hands. We helped create this new Democracy in Libya, now its time to show we can be a reliable friend to a Muslim Majority Nation.

Moose, have some sugar to go with your Flavor Aid:

"Unrest and demonstrations against US interests in the Arab world are because of a YouTube video." They did acknowlege that there was a hint that the Ambassy, looked like it was more.. But, they did not confirm it until analysts went in did a full investigation and reported back..) But, the start up demonstration was about the video, and the other protest throughout the middle east is about the video..

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/26/14105135-libyan-president-to-nbc-anti-islam-film-had-nothing-to-do-with-us-consulate-attack?lite

The video had been out for six months. No riots. And not from Fox News.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/26/u-s-officials-knew-libya-attacks-were-work-of-al-qaeda-affiliates.html

So, we knew September 12th that it was terrorism, but this week Obama is apologizing for a naughty video while at the UN.

Proud?

Take the presidential election quiz and see which candidate you side with:

http://www.isidewith.com/

One citizen's results:

Gary Johnson 90% - on domestic policy, science, economic, environmental, and healthcare issues

Mitt Romney 85% on domestic policy, immigration, economic, environment, and social issues

Virgil Goode -76%, on economic, immigration, environmental, and social issues

Barrack Obama, 52%, on environmental, science, and social issues

American Voters in general - 54%, on domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, economic, and social issues.

By party:

90% Republican

75% Libertarian

51% Democrat

31% Green

Nothing I said differs from what you said..

Here is a news article dated Wed. 9/12 that says U.S. officials were stating that indications were it was a planned attack.. The attack was on Tuesday 9/11.. A whole 24 hour delay.. WoW!! How slow.. Why didn't they just go in and start investigations while the attack was going on, so we could have up to the minute reporting!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/news-agencies-us-ambassador-to-libya-killed-in-attack-outside-consulate/2012/09/12/665de5fc-fcc4-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

But this indication is like a cop going to investigate a murder scene, see a bullet in the head of the victim and thinks that indicates the victim died of a gun shot wound to the head.. So now we have to wait for the autopsy, to conclude that the victim truely died of the gun shot wound, because, you know.. Maybe someone killed him with poison first, then decided to use him for target practice.. Or maybe someone killed him first with the poison, then someone else not knowing the guy was already dead, came along and shot him.. In which case the poisoner is the murderer, but not the gun shooter..

Anyway the official investigation could take a week or two.. And you get the official report a week or two later..

The original mob, was there protesting the film.. The ones who scaled the wall and tore down the flag.. And yelled and made a spectical of themselfs for half the day, then in came the trained terrorist, and used the kaos for a cover..

Yes, the film was up for about 6 months.. But, few who protested the film ever saw the film, they were not sitting around their laptops for 6 months watching it, and suddenly said lets protest this film today!!! The protested the film because radicals who are against the new government, used it to incite the people.. I would question that the ones on the radios, TV who timed their telling the people about this video, and calling for them to gather and protest on this day, were probably in on the Terrist attack, and timed it to coincide with the 9/11 attack..

The other mob protests throughout the middle east have just been that. Mob protests against the video. Also not because everyone had been watching the video for 6 months on their laptops and all decided to group together 6 months later to protest it.. But, because radicals broadcasted the information about it, got them all whipped up into a frenzy and directed them on where and when to protest..

So?? What is your point exactly?? Why is this a smoking gun against the president??

P.S. The government did know about the radicals on the airwave calling for protests before the protests started.. That is the reason the comment went out from someone at the Embassy BEFORE THE PROTESTS STARTED.. Condemning the video's contents and explaining, America tolerence for religion of all kinds.. Which by the way was not an apology.. Obama said similar things with the addition of condeming the attack to the Embassy also.. And once Romney took his foot out of his mouth, for his first comment, then his doubling down on his stupidity.. He basically said the same thing.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Callay

As far as your last post, what a load of crap from a radically right winged website with no credibility or verifiable ststistics, just reporting falsehoods as facts. Yet why should that surprise me since almost all of your posts are like that.

Sorry, I missed this line, and had to comment..

So, we knew September 12th that it was terrorism, but this week Obama is apologizing for a naughty video while at the UN.

I listened to that speech.. Absolutely no apology there!.. You guys are jousting windmills!.. Every time he speaks you call it an apology.. Only makes you guys look like fools.

Full Speech:

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/video-of-obamas-u-n-address/

Am I proud. Yes, he represented our country well.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Moose: Your Man at the Windmill:

"That is what we saw play out the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity"

"We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them."

"I know there are some who ask why we dont just ban such a video"

"There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There is no video that justifies an attack on an Embassy."

Editted for brevity, not to twist the meaning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9565687/In-full-Barack-Obamas-speech-to-UN-General-Assembly.html

Sure sounds like Obama is blaming the video, and not his foreign policy, for the death of Ambassador Stevens. CNN reported that Stevens said specifically mentioned the rise in Islamic extremism, the growing al-Qaeda presence in Libya, and said that he was on an al-Qaeda hit list, in his journal.

But Obama isn't willing to admit that Kum Bah Yah as a foreign policy has failed, and wants to talk about a video before the UN.

To argue that Obama didn't appologize before the UN totally misses the point, and is a typical subterfuge of someone who just lost an argument.