Questions of Sexuality

Heh, heh, I guess that would be a 'xenobiotic transplant' of sorts. That probably crosses the line for me, regardless of my gender. ;) [NJ, I hope this one REALLY creeps you out, BTW]

Still, if BSA is hung up on the hetero- homo- thing, it would be nice if they'd at least be clear about whether they're thinking in terms of physical or phenotypic characteristics...or if genetics is also important. That was the reason I posed the question. Beavah, what can I say? I was looking for an Ed replacement and for some reason, I don't know why, you came to mind. My apologies.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a question for me or for Shirley?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I'm just noting that it seems to have worked for them. The great thing about freedom is that each of us gets to choose what we think are good examples...and then we are also free to follow them, or not. Me, I personally can't identify with the context of that period of Greek and Egyptian history.

SeattlePioneer is obsessed with sexuality. He seems to have a well-defined set of personal standards which he would, if possible, apply to everyone. I'm just asking the question to try to understand the breadth of his understanding of the historical and cultural context of human sexuality.

Polygamy in no way, shape or form legal in this country. Only the original marriage is recognized from a legal stand point. So they would not reap any of the benefits under the law, i.e. survivor's benefits etc. As for same sex marriages, morally this atrocious and against God's teachings. I believe this country has taken a huge step backward in allowing this in some states. Since the BSA is a private organization, they have every right to refuse membership and/or revoke membership regarding anyone in these situations as well as atheists. The BSA was founded on the principles of God and his teachings. I'm trying to keep the use of the word God in the general sense, since there are multiple religions. If I offended anybody, I apologize, that was not my intent. I only wanted to shed light on this topic from a legal standpoint.

Thanks for the welcome. I realize that this is an acrimonious topic, but it is something very dear to me. I do have a good sense of humor and I'm also very thick skinned. I've been in scouting for 38 years and have held almost every position imaginable. I love scouting more than anything.