I discovered earlier this week that one of my former cubs from my group this side of the pond is now working for the Obama election campaign.

Depending on your affiliation and the result in November feel free to thank me or throw rotten fruit at me for my gift to your political system.

*puts on helmet and flack jacket*

Working on a political campaign shows a level of engagement and citizenship any SM should be proud to see his scouts participating at.

Granted somebody's poisoned the poor boy's philosophy, at least you helped instill him with excellent passion and capacities!

In the 1960s and 1970s I had the misfortune of seeing much of my political agenda enacted into law.

Then I had to observe the sometimes disastrous consequences and side effects of those policies.

I switch to "R" in 1984.

Of course, there have been some disastrous consequences to THAT, too!

Twocubdad - It's ok, Brits are also very difficult to offend (except the Scots. They get offended by pretty much everything)

I am very proud of the lad. There is a big emphasis at the moment in UK scouting on getting scouts to engage in politics. TSA are running events at the conferences of all 3 of the main parties with the opportunity to grill politicians and in addition I got to take 3 of mine to a reception at the Houses of Parliament last month where they got to meet and question politicians from all 3 parties. These events are becoming increasingly popular and are a lot of fun.