Breast Feeding Your Tiger Cub

On the other hand there are certain tribes that don't give kids much of anything in the way of supervision once they can walk. The children raise each other including running off into the jungle to play, gather food, and learn.

Only time will tell. There are now "Lion" programs in some places that, unlike the 10-year-old Lion Dens that were eliminated a year before I would have been in one, allow kindergartners to be, essentially, Cub Scouts. In my school district, a child in kindergarten can be as young as 4 years 11 months old. I have no doubt that at some point in the near future, this will become a part of the nationwide Cub Scout program. But why stop there? Our school district also has a pre-kindergarten program for some kids, and they can be as young as 3. So after kindergarten-Lions becomes established, is the BSA going to start a pre-K program too? Including the kid on the cover of Time Magazine, who is still "attached" to Mom?

Sounds familiar, Pack. I disable the wifi on my iPad before I let my almost-3-year-old grandson use it. I don't need him being one not-very-strong password away from accessing my bank account. I have downloaded enough "toddler" apps and drawing programs to keep him busy so he doesn't need the Internet anyway. (Of course, I don't get to check my email on it when he's around, but the tradeoff is worth it.)

I guess you could save on groceries that way.

You might think so, but nope. You still need to buy the calories. It's just that instead of having the kid eat them, the mom has to eat extra so that she can pass some on to the kid.

Depending on whether the kid or the mom would have more expensive taste in food, this could cost more or less.

There's more to breast-feeding a four year old than meets the eye. Steinbeck ("Grapes of Wrath") had a clue - in the book's closing scene, Rose of Sharon and the mysterious smile that appeared on her lips.

From a strictly buisness point of view, do you know how much money the scoutshop could make selling a new woman's uniform shirt with drop down pockets to facilitate breastfeeding?

You could breast feed you cub scout whiole still showing your pride in BSA and wearing the Official uniform! :)

SeattlePioneer writes:

"I'm wondering if this might perk up interest in being Den Chief for a Tiger Cub Den."

On a related note, a Breast Examination Eagle Project:

Seattle nailed it--sell magazines and attract attention.

It's essentially a last gasp for Time. Print media generally, and weekly newsmagazines particularly, are irrelevant. Surprised they are still in business.

Why pay for last week's news at today's prices?