No justice no peace.

Interesting...

It is pretty divided along racial lines.....

Black Zimmerman should have been found guilty.

White Zimmerman was justified.

Both of them were wrong......and trayvon is dead.....

Stand your ground laws gives punks the reason to pull their guns and shoot folks because they feel threatened,.

When the media go so far to make it about race as to Photoshop the victim's skin to make it lighter in some photos, create the "white Hispanic," air doctored 911 tapes, use photos of the victim that are 3 yrs out of date, demonize Zimmerman's black aegis/friend as a paid phony, then of course we can expect the matter to be divided along racial lines.

Everyone watching has been told that this is white vs black regardless/in spite of any likely alternative, so of course (many) white people are on the defensive and back Zimmerman, and (many) black people are offended and back Martin.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The evidence points towards my view of the story, or more on a legal standpoint, there is no evidence that Zimmerman started the physical confrontation. WIth our legal system, we have to prove beyond

m the legal perspective, the Prosecution tried to hit a home run with a big time charge in Murder-2. They tried to prove Zimmerman profiled and had hateful intent to kill Martin. That was overreach, a

Well, I guess the racially motivated, political media is bringing down the Big Top ready to move on to the next town. Next comes the racially motivated, political media's coverage Part 2 (always have

I typically stay away from the non-scouting topics, but for whatever reasons I feel a need to post in this issue. It is always a tragedy when a young person losses their life, I pray for both families.

From what I have seen so far the state simply did not prove their case, and all the defense had to do was introduce a bit of reasonable doubt. Remember Zimmerman was not found to be innocent, he was found not guilty of the case the state presented. The states star witness turned out to be a better witness for the defense. I doubt that anyone other than Zimmerman and the Lord actually knows what happened. I simply do not understand either side that are 100% convinced that they are correct, the evidence that I have seen simply did not prove guilt or innocence, thus the not guilty verdict. Innocent until proven guilty, and guilt was not proven.

I know as a carry permit holder that is some one was on top of me hitting me "pound and ground" style and I could not get them off of me I would not pulling the trigger. Zimmerman was not legally bound to obey the dispatcher to not follow Martin. If he had we would have never heard of Zimmerman or Martin.

I would expect a response like that from joebob. again racial lines.

My scout son has been brought home twice by the police, both times for sitting on the wall during day light hours outside the quickie mart drinking a slushie once when he was ten and again a thirteen......Keep in mind I live 6 doors from it and can see him from my front door......The store owner knows him and both times has come down and intervened with LE.......The LEO roust the neighbor kids when they are bored....a week ago they issued citations to every kid with out a bicycle helmet......

Zimmerman will lose the civil trial......Yes his life is over.....

We have a block watch....I walk the neighborhood every evening for exercise, Never have I thought about going on patrol in my car or armed for that matter.

Bottom line for me had he not exited the vehicle Trayvon would still be alive.

I don't think so Joebob, i would have listened to the dispatcher and not exited my vehicle and waited on LEO to arrive....Of course in the hood and every dirt bag has a family and friends that will extract vengeance. One of the reasons no one speaks up....

Oh trayvon was no angel.

My scout son has been brought home twice by the police, both times for sitting on the wall during day light hours outside the quickie mart drinking a slushie once when he was ten and again a thirteen......Keep in mind I live 6 doors from it and can see him from my front door......The store owner knows him and both times has come down and intervened with LE.......The LEO roust the neighbor kids when they are bored....a week ago they issued citations to every kid with out a bicycle helmet......

We have a block watch....I walk the neighborhood every evening for exercise, Never have I thought about going on patrol in my car or armed for that matter.

I don't think so Joebob, i would have listened to the dispatcher and not exited my vehicle and waited on LEO to arrive....Of course in the hood and every dirt bag has a family and friends that will extract vengeance. One of the reasons no one speaks up....

Oh trayvon was no angel.

"I would expect a response like that from joebob. again racial lines."

Racial lines? You must work for the media if you read anything racial into what I wrote...

Trayvon Martin is dead because he chose to confront a neighborhood watch captain who was keeping an eye on him until police arrived to question his suspicious behavior.

Martin had 4 minutes to walk 80 yards to get to his father's girlfriend's home.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CDk6SYyZum8/T3JNkQ84MeI/AAAAAAAAAxg/Hg9HwbXJ4Mo/s1600/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-path.jpg

He chose to use those 4 minutes (the time between his phone being dropped, connection lost, and the time the shot was recorded on the 911 tape) to ambush the person following him.

A timid child in an unfamiliar neighborhood in the dark would choose to go home.

If confronted, a normal teenager would politely explain who he was and where he was going.

A belligerent teenager seeking to boost his 'street cred' (who had bragged about winning a fight the week before) would instigate a fight against a 4 inch shorter unsuspecting victim.

George Zimmerman didn't get away with anything.

His life is ruined. He will always be hunted by Black activists.

The two years it's taken to get to a just verdict have been hell on Zimmerman.

All because Zimmerman didn't want to die.

Anybody else on the board ever stitch up a scalp would? The scalp is tough. It's hard to push a needle through the human scalp. Trayvon was pounding George's head on the concrete to produce those wounds. When the police that George had called didn't arrive in time, and the neighbors who heard him yelling chose not to help, George chose to use his gun to keep himself alive.

Under the same circumstances, every one of us would have acted the same.

Nonsense. There is no evidence that Trayvon Martin confronted George Zimmerman at all. George Zimmerman produced a story that Trayvon first ran away, then in a split second changed his mind and attacked Zimmerman unprovoked, with intent to kill. This is not believable. The girlfriend story is much more believable.

I think George Zimmerman confronted Trayvon Martin, and possibly grabbed him. The situation backfired and he was soon fighting, perhaps for his life.

Zimmerman got off because there was no witness to what caused the fight. I also agree with other posters that the prosecution made a mistake trying to prove Murder 2 for which there was no evidence. "Under the same circumstances, every one of us would have acted the same"? Also nonsense. Everyone of the rest of us would have followed the 911 operator instructions and let the police interrogate Trayvon. George Zimmerman was playing Rambo and lost control of the situation.

Oh trayvon was no angel.

You didn't say anything racist...

But white folks all think that Zimmerman should have walked

Black folk think he should have been convicted.

Trayvon Martin is dead because he chose to confront a neighborhood watch captain who was keeping an eye on him until police arrived to question his suspicious behavior.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CDk6SYyZum8/T3JNkQ84MeI/AAAAAAAAAxg/Hg9HwbXJ4Mo/s1600/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-path.jpg

He chose to use those 4 minutes (the time between his phone being dropped, connection lost, and the time the shot was recorded on the 911 tape) to ambush the person following him.

A timid child in an unfamiliar neighborhood in the dark would choose to go home.

If confronted, a normal teenager would politely explain who he was and where he was going.

A belligerent teenager seeking to boost his 'street cred' (who had bragged about winning a fight the week before) would instigate a fight against a 4 inch shorter unsuspecting victim.

Anybody else on the board ever stitch up a scalp would? The scalp is tough. It's hard to push a needle through the human scalp. Trayvon was pounding George's head on the concrete to produce those wounds. When the police that George had called didn't arrive in time, and the neighbors who heard him yelling chose not to help, George chose to use his gun to keep himself alive.

the medical examiner called zimmermans wounds insignificant

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-george-zimmerman-medical-examiner-20130702,0,1358679.story

I have no doubt that George Zimmerman was being badly beaten. I am certain that is his voice screaming in the 911 recording. I also don't see anything very racial with this case. Didn't Trayvon Martin's mother say the same thing? I really thing George Zimmerman confronted Trayvon Martin and not the other way around. When the confrontation got out of hand he shot Trayvon.

I agree with Basementdweller, I don't think only white people were for one side and black people for another.. Nor was it totally a black/white issue.. SOME of it was a black/white issue.. SOME of it though breaks on people who support stricter gun controls and those who do not, and SOME broke on other issues such as if you could see your son in similar danger based on his age, your neighborhood, your neighbors.. Anyway there were different reasons that people took different sides and it was not a straight black/white split. So yes Joe Bob your seeing only black & white was very narrow minded and racist..

I also agree that listening to the trial, I sort of guessed this outcome.. There was enough reasonable doubt.. I knew murder was out the door, they did not have enough proof for that and a lot of doubt was introduced.. Manslaughter was better, but still a little weak.. That the jury asked for some clarification on manslaughter it showed that is what they debated also.. I also agree with Basement that like OJ Simpson, Zimmermon will loose a civil trial.. But, I don't know about his life being over.. He has a lot of people against him, but he also has a lot of people supporting him.. He can forget a career in law enforcement, that's for sure.. But, someone will offer him a job and in certain circles he will be treated as a hero.. Will someone shoot him?? Perhaps, that could be how his life might be over.. Still, I would say if he can survive 5 to 10 years, his survival rate will go up as emotion runs hot for a while, then just dies to a simmering stew.

ghjim: I like the way that you casually pronounce this point of view as being 'nonsense'. You sound so certain, that I'm sure you have video tape to share with us???

I strongly encourage you all to listen to the tape of the none-emergency operator talking to Zimmerman. This 4:12 is the tape that the prosecution tried to use as basis for claiming that Zimmerman was ORDERED to stop following Martin.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=zimmerman+following+tape&view=detail&mid=FDD1CF3C249BC1AD216FFDD1CF3C249BC1AD216F&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR

I agree with Basementdweller, I don't think only white people were for one side and black people for another.. Nor was it totally a black/white issue.. SOME of it was a black/white issue.. SOME of it though breaks on people who support stricter gun controls and those who do not, and SOME broke on other issues such as if you could see your son in similar danger based on his age, your neighborhood, your neighbors.. Anyway there were different reasons that people took different sides and it was not a straight black/white split. So yes Joe Bob your seeing only black & white was very narrow minded and racist..

I also agree that listening to the trial, I sort of guessed this outcome.. There was enough reasonable doubt.. I knew murder was out the door, they did not have enough proof for that and a lot of doubt was introduced.. Manslaughter was better, but still a little weak.. That the jury asked for some clarification on manslaughter it showed that is what they debated also.. I also agree with Basement that like OJ Simpson, Zimmermon will loose a civil trial.. But, I don't know about his life being over.. He has a lot of people against him, but he also has a lot of people supporting him.. He can forget a career in law enforcement, that's for sure.. But, someone will offer him a job and in certain circles he will be treated as a hero.. Will someone shoot him?? Perhaps, that could be how his life might be over.. Still, I would say if he can survive 5 to 10 years, his survival rate will go up as emotion runs hot for a while, then just dies to a simmering stew.

"So yes Joe Bob your seeing only black & white was very narrow minded and racist.."

Excuse me, All. I've been called a racist, so I must be guilty of being a racist. And being a foul racist, I'm not allowed to have a valid opinion.

I apologize for imposing my RACIST self on your most thoughtful and truth-seeking forum.

Zimmerman chose to exit his vehicle and confront Martin. Zimmerman knew only what he told the dispatcher on the phone, that the person he was following was dark skinned, wearing a hoodie, walking slowly - Zimmerman decided in his mind that these characteristics were suspicious. He decided that Martin was a bad guy and appointed himself to do something about the bad guy. He chose to make the confrontation and is therefore responsible for the outcome. Maybe the prosecution blew the case, I don't know. I do know that is Zimmerman had stayed in the car, Martin would not have been killed.

Martin is dead. It didn't have to happen.

JoeBob- you took that comment out of context.. I did not call you out as a racist, simply the comment you made as being a racist comment.. Where that idea came from could have been shaped by media with a racist point of view, or by friends you talked to with one, or it could have been formed in your own. To state you are racist I would have to line up a bunch of comments by you on this board that show you are always making racist statements that showed a pattern. But, not seeing the obvious in your statement when pointed out to you, but instead going on the defensive isn’t a very good sign..

Personally I think the public is being too harsh on Paula Dean.. So she made some racist comments.. I think some of her sorrow is fake also.. But, hey she is from the south, she is an older lady.. Would she have made racist comments in her lifetime?.. She would be lying to say she didn’t. As for the whole wedding theme thing, I can see her romanticizing how things were from her memories, without looking at that time period from the blacks perspective when making the comment.. For her times were good, and the comment was made as the idea popped into her head, not after long thought and deliberation..

I always remember my mother’s statement to me when I was shocked as a teen hearing a racial statement from her for the first time I could remember. “Yes, I do have racial thoughts. I grew up in a time period when that was the norm.. I have to work at it, be conscious of it, and try to curve it. I do that so that you and your sisters do not grow up with the same prejudices.. I never thought of my mother as a racists even after she uttered that comment, made that statement, and had a panic attack over my sister marrying a black man, which she then talked herself down from the ceiling and my sister’s husband never knew of her first reaction but always saw her as open and accepting.. Why did I never see her as a racist? Because she was aware of her tendencies and worked hard to change them.. I see Paula Dean as someone who had to struggle with the prejudices she was taught in her formative years, but if she worked to control her demons then you have to forgive her for a few slip-ups.

rdclements - All that is true.. But there was enough doubt as to whether it was just pure stupidity on Zimmerman's part or some form of intent.. IHere are two scenerios..

Two kids decide to jump of rocks into the water, and one hits rocks and dies, is the other kid at fault?. The surviving kid was the one who came up with the idea and talked the other one into it. In the end though both kids made a bad decision and one now is dead.

A mother leaves her baby in the car on a hot day and goes into a building on an errand.. The baby overheats and dies..

Are both of these people guilty of manslaughter? I would say the child would not be convicted and the mother would be. The question brought into this case was how much did Trayvon decide to do that may have aided in his death.. I don't believe Zimmerman when he says the kid jumped out of a bush and attacked him. But, even the friend who was on the phone with Trayvon showed he might have been the one to start conversation.. He was talking to her on the phone, then broke conversation with her and she heard him ask Zimmermon "Hey, why are you following me?" Question is did Zimmermon do anything that instigated the conversation that was physical or that was vocal that the friend did not hear through the phone. Zimmermon was in some sort of fight.. Started by Zimmermon or Trayvon??? Doesn't matter, defense used both to create reasonable doubt, that Trayvon may have made some poor decisions also that had he not, he may have lived. I agree, Zimmermon got off to lightly, but it is not hard to create reasonable doubt.