ANother alternative is that he felt like excercising his Constitutional right to Bear Arms, you don't "Need" a reaosn to carry a gun, just being an American gives you right to carry one

Of course, if you do stupid things with it, well then, thats the horse of a differnt color you hear so much about

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The evidence points towards my view of the story, or more on a legal standpoint, there is no evidence that Zimmerman started the physical confrontation. WIth our legal system, we have to prove beyond

m the legal perspective, the Prosecution tried to hit a home run with a big time charge in Murder-2. They tried to prove Zimmerman profiled and had hateful intent to kill Martin. That was overreach, a

Well, I guess the racially motivated, political media is bringing down the Big Top ready to move on to the next town. Next comes the racially motivated, political media's coverage Part 2 (always have

scoutingagain: "No one is looking for a lynching."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/26/149399082/new-black-panther-party-offers-10k-bounty-for-george-zimmerman

New Black Panther Party Offers $10K Bounty For George Zimmerman

Over the weekend, members of the New Black Panther Party showed just how tense the situation in the Trayvon Martin shooting has gotten: They offered a $10,000 bounty for the capture of George Zimmerman, who shot and killed the unarmed teenager.

Ya, I meant no one here.

Sure there are wackos out there. I have no doubt there certain white supremist groups that would have a bounty on Tevor had he survived, grabbed the gun and shot Zimmerman and walked away without charges.

Zimmerman might actually be better off arrested. At least then he could be in protective custody and a full investigation instead of a trial by media.

SA

SRBeaver, what would it take to convince you that the new black panthers are not a mainstream group? Even Jesse Jackson has objected to their particular brand of vigilante justice.

If you want to talk about crackpots and extremists, every side has them. There are, for example, two people in MI who just got off on domestic terrorism charges. Their lawyers argued successfully that just because they collected a stockpile of weapons, and had a plan to attack police in order to start a white supremacist revolution and reclaim America, and were key figures in a white power group in the region, that they were primarily "big talkers" who didn't actually mean to attack anybody.

That does not mean that all white people feel this way. So why is the NBP statement (ridiculous as I believe it is) a reflection of anything, other than fringe groups? If you read it as anything else, I think you're way off base.

Yah, I had to go look these guys up.

Accordin' to the Southern Poverty Law Center, "The New Black Panther Party is a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers." In other words, a bunch of whack jobs equivalent to the KKK and various white supremacist splinter groups.

Even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson haven't resorted to quotin' from some skinhead rag to impugn Zimmerman, so I can't figure why it seems OK for the folks who follow the reactionary echo blogs to bring up the NBPP. It just doesn't make any sense... unless there is some benefit for somebody in deliberately raising racial tensions.

Beavah

It wasn't that long ago, when the Mob put out a contract on someone's head, the FBI considered that a felony and would investigate, apprehend, prosecute and incarcerate. But those were old Italian white guys. I'm not trying to incite anything...just trying to understand the difference under this Administration. Apparently now, voter intimidation and murder for hire are now ok?

• 1 year later...

No justice no peace.

Interesting...

It is pretty divided along racial lines.....

Black Zimmerman should have been found guilty.

White Zimmerman was justified.

Both of them were wrong......and trayvon is dead.....

Stand your ground laws gives punks the reason to pull their guns and shoot folks because they feel threatened,.

m the legal perspective, the Prosecution tried to hit a home run with a big time charge in Murder-2. They tried to prove Zimmerman profiled and had hateful intent to kill Martin. That was overreach, and a simpler charge should have been attempted, like Manslaughter. I think public pressure pushed the prosecution into a really difficult charge to prove. Beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm disappointed that Trayvons family was denied justice, but happy that media pressure did not create a conviction where the facts did not lie, and clearly to almost anybody who watched the trial, the State blew it big time.

Sentinel947

• Upvote 1
m the legal perspective, the Prosecution tried to hit a home run with a big time charge in Murder-2. They tried to prove Zimmerman profiled and had hateful intent to kill Martin. That was overreach, and a simpler charge should have been attempted, like Manslaughter. I think public pressure pushed the prosecution into a really difficult charge to prove. Beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm disappointed that Trayvons family was denied justice, but happy that media pressure did not create a conviction where the facts did not lie, and clearly to almost anybody who watched the trial, the State blew it big time.

Sentinel947

The judge did rule that the jury could consider the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Sentinel947

Speaking as a lawyer, my feeling is that the State blew it big time because they had no case. I'm not saying Zimmerman was innocent, but he was definitely not guilty of the things he was charged with. What actually happened between the two of them nobody knows except George. As to justice, Sentinel, you should be able to see that justice is exactly what they did get. Zimmerman was tried by a jury of his peers in a fair trial and found not guilty. That is our system of justice, is it not? Zimmerman made some mistakes and Martin made some mistakes (he could have walked into his home and still be alive), but proof beyond reasonable doubt? No way.

Sentinel947

Peregrinator: They could consider it, but the Prosecution never argued for manslaughter. They spent the whole case trying to argue malicious intent.

Well, I guess the racially motivated, political media is bringing down the Big Top ready to move on to the next town. Next comes the racially motivated, political media's coverage Part 2 (always have to have a sequel to a blockbuster) civil case. NAACP has already been talking about it with the not really black/not really white president. But there's enough racism to get it out front of the media.

And the surprising thing about all this? Been there, done that 40+ years ago. Curfews, fires, shootings, riots, etc. and here we are once again. Those that don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

• Upvote 1

Trayvon Martin is dead because he chose to confront a neighborhood watch captain who was keeping an eye on him until police arrived to question his suspicious behavior.

Martin had 4 minutes to walk 80 yards to get to his father's girlfriend's home.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CDk6SYyZum8/T3JNkQ84MeI/AAAAAAAAAxg/Hg9HwbXJ4Mo/s1600/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-path.jpg

He chose to use those 4 minutes (the time between his phone being dropped, connection lost, and the time the shot was recorded on the 911 tape) to ambush the person following him.

A timid child in an unfamiliar neighborhood in the dark would choose to go home.

If confronted, a normal teenager would politely explain who he was and where he was going.

A belligerent teenager seeking to boost his 'street cred' (who had bragged about winning a fight the week before) would instigate a fight against a 4 inch shorter unsuspecting victim.

George Zimmerman didn't get away with anything.

His life is ruined. He will always be hunted by Black activists.

The two years it's taken to get to a just verdict have been hell on Zimmerman.

All because Zimmerman didn't want to die.

Anybody else on the board ever stitch up a scalp would? The scalp is tough. It's hard to push a needle through the human scalp. Trayvon was pounding George's head on the concrete to produce those wounds. When the police that George had called didn't arrive in time, and the neighbors who heard him yelling chose not to help, George chose to use his gun to keep himself alive.

Under the same circumstances, every one of us would have acted the same.