WND reports on BSA and Muslim Brotherhood

Yah, a quick perusal of similar high quality news outlets tells me that Elvis is living on da South Pole and had a secret contract with Disney for helpin' with "Happy Feet", and Bob Mazzuca isn't overweight, he's secretly pregnant with Richard B. and Jennifer Lopez's surrogate love child. :)

Does anybody really read these things for anything other than da sheer comedy? They're better than The Onion.

Beavah

WND is no Enquirer or Star-type media outlet. It's a very conservative site that has spent a lot of time and virtual ink covering Islam in America from that perspective.

This particular piece uses the approach of "guilt by association" - because X and Y are connected, and Y and Z are connected, then X and Z must be connected.

I have a family member from NY whose birth certificate has no name on it. This is the so-called, 'long form' birth certificate. Back when all the idiotic claims were being made about Obama, I asked them what the heck happened to them? Evidently, and this is what they told me after they asked around a while, for some range of years in NY, if a parent didn't have a name for the child at the time the form was filled out, the name was just left blank. On that infamous 'Long Form'. I know this is true because I saw the actual certificate.

This evidently caused quite some trouble for this person while attempting to get a passport. But the 'Certificate of Birth' which was so questionable to the Tea Party types DID have this person's name, so they were able to prevail and now have the passport. The 'Long Form' certificate still has no name on it.

So I had to ask..."do you think you'll ever run for President?". Reason I asked: this person had claimed with great concern that Obama was not an American citizen because he didn't have the so-called 'Long Form' (which he eventually produced, thus elevating this argument to nonsense about whether or not he was so-called, 'natural born' or some such). I could not help but note the irony to this person and then he got mad at me. Wow.

How is any of this related to the topic? It isn't - except it's one more of those stupid claims that excitable people might get excited over if they're predisposed in some way.

I have to hand it to those really clever Muslim Brotherhood types, manipulating the system IN ORDER TO discredit BSA. Naughty, naughty!

Gee - all we need are another two M's and it can compete with the Three G's as the hot button issues for the BSA

We've got Muslims - what should the other two M's be? Milk? Money? (never happen). I know, how about Mastication!

Muslims, Mastication and Mandelbrot! Now the people opposed to allowing Islam, chewing and intelligence in Boy Scouts have a place to go!

Jersey:

It was more than being a pot stirrer. That was what I thought at the time to be a more light-hearted way to introduce the topic than to say "Hey guys, I don't agree with the claims being made by World Net News Daily but I respect and solicit the opinions of other people in the scouting community especially on this forum, plus as scouters committed to increasing the diversity of those participating in scouting, I believe everyone should understand the claims being made about the BSA so that you are prepared to answer intelligently if and when someone in the community or around the water cooler inevitably brings the topic up."

Try not to be so rude next time please- especially if you want to publicly try to embarrass me.