• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son was really worried about it, there is a huge billboard in front of his school proclaiming the end is near..... He came bouncing into the living room at 6:05 saturday night and said he wanted to take me down do the dairy barn and buy me a ice cream cone.....I asked why.....He said we survived the end of the world and needed ice cream to celebrate.

Who is to argue with ice cream???????

Me too.. I was running an IOLS & OWLs Training so although I didn't think I'd get taken, was worried I would have to explain to someones family why some of my participants & Staff never returned home and just disappeared..

I figured the massive swarms of hungry black flies theory may have been believable.. But, I lost not a single person..

So does that mean there was no one worth saving on judgement day? Well I guess I will have a lot of good company in the other place, and will not have to take my winter coat & boots with me either!

I was at a Blue and Gold on Saturday evening. No rapture, but lots and lots of chaos. :)

My understanding of Camping's "math" is that he took the creation date of 4990 BC (??), added 7000 years for the sake of mysticism and then subtracted one year because there was no year zero. Not sure where May 21 came from, so we still have the rest of the year to be concerned about ...

I wonder if anyone was bold enough to ask Camping why he got left behind, too?

I am sure the media tried, but from what I have read, he "could not be reached for comment."

Which does make one go hmmm... Maybe if they do catch up with him, he'll say it isn't really him...

Trevorum, so in other words if you believe those pesky scientists who say the Earth is actually about 4.5 billion years old, it tends to throw the numbers off just a bit. But wait, shouldn't that mean Judgment Day occurred almost (about) 4.5 billion years ago? Of course, then the New Testament (which is the source of the whole idea) never would have been written. Oh no. I feel like I am watching a "time travel" episode of Star Trek. Or as Allen Sherman sang about 50 years ago, when Ben Casey meets Kildare, that's called a paradox...

NJ, I have never understood the biblical chronologies. Of course, when I get a radiocarbon date back from the lab that comes in at 10,000 years old, I have to have faith that the lab isn't pulling a fast one on me. :)

It takes a lot of faith to believe in science. Lot's of my colleagues don't want to believe the margin of error in their measurements any more than some false prophets want to believe in their margins of error!

Now Camping states he mis-calculated it is to be OCT 21st, not May 21st.. Can't give up on his dream of world annihilation..

So how many of his followers will follow for every new timing prediction he makes?

I will say, though I don't believe Camping's calculated time.. I do wonder with all the natural disastors we are currently facing, and that was in the bible that judgement day would come around a time when we faced alot of natural disastors.. So I will give pause to the possibility, that the time may be near..

But, I will not believe anyone can calculate it out to the date & time.. And the magnatude of natural disastors could also be just coincidence..

Call me open minded..

It takes a lot of faith to believe in science.

No it doesn't. You don't need to "believe" in something that can be conclusively proven, reproduced, and independently verified.

It takes a lot of faith to believe in science.

No it doesn't. You don't need to "believe" in something that can be conclusively proven, reproduced, and independently verified.

most science I would say absolutely but using that logic, there is no "proof" that the missing link exists thus (for now) disproving evolution. ;)