How Does this Change the War on Terror?

I think da celebration was not because we killed someone but because we won an important victory. Da most common expression mentioned in the media was "relief". That's the sort of thing that's typical of winning an important victory. And as I mentioned in da other thread, combat is not the same thing as a cop arresting someone on the street of an American city. Being unarmed is irrelevant. An unarmed officer can still order an artillery barrage. Da question is whether or not you have surrendered.

And I think the outpouring of good will for our men and women in uniform is a much more attractive thing than what I remember from the early 70s.

That's also why I think not releasing the photos is the right thing. They won't convince anybody if Osama's wife and daughter's testimony won't. But they will put a gruesome image on the event that will make it seem like we are celebrating violence and death, and thereby will help the enemy. It's bad propaganda. I'd rather have the image of the day be college students celebrating a victory and praising our armed forces than the image being a snuff photo with a masked SEAL standing over a body.

B

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will change ...ever!

THese people think they are on te morallym superior side of the fight. They think theyb are doing God's ( or their version of him) work.

They do not see themselves at the radical nutjobs that they are and they will NOT be convinced otherwise.

Osama Bin Laden is now a martyr and a saint all at the same time.

Remember, trhey think there is no greater glory to God , and no greater act of faith - than to be killed while fighting in the name of Allah .

THink of these nuts as mosquitos: You c an kill each one that atacks you, but the rest do not stop because you killed the previous ones.

The only thing that will change is the named of the whoever takes charge.

Kudos to the professionals who planned and executed the operation.

A great victory, to be sure. But there is still much to do.

The public support for our men and women is uniform is amazing...the goodwill is appreciated.