Many posters to this site live in the south. Hopefully, all are alright (clearly those that lost homes or are injured will not be able to respond). My family and I are fine. Many tornadoes in the area though - East Tennessee.

Best wishes to those that are suffering from these storms. May God Bless.

Advice needed---

Are these storms Obama's fault or are they leftover business from George Bush?

I'm guessing Bush was probably closer to where these storms got started....

Maybe they would have just been a tempest in a tea cup if Obama had made his birth certificate public earlier?

I was concerned about GaHillbilly and a few others as well but I'm fine.

SeattlePioneer, the obvious conclusion is that God hates the Bible Belt.

Edit: Hey, what's with the 'scope crosshairs on the silhouette of a swan that I see right now in the right panel? Does Sarah want someone to shoot a swan?(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Studied meteorology. Never found work in it (long story involving Contract on America--nuf said). I recall some nationally published comic strip from back in the early 90's that shows the hand of God pointing towards the Earth and a tornado descending where he is pointing. There are two angels to one side. One comments to the other: "You'd think they'd figure out by now that He hates trailer parks."

Living right next to the Intracoastal waterway, and less than a 1/4 mile ( as the crow flies) from the ocean...I sem to have a protective ocean wind buffer.

Thew storms are moving at a ENE direction, but I have a SW wind constantly blowing all day.

Honestly, it reminds me of one of those air curtains over the entrance doors to a grocery store or food Mart.

But a few miles inland..they have had a few tornadoes on the ground.

We were stationed in Kansas and I learned quickly to respect the deadliness of these type of storms. I truly admire the experts who study and report storm progress, and those that serve in emergency preparedness and first responders. There are strong bonds with neighbors when disaster is near.

Thoughts and prayers to all......

We lucked out. I was at in-laws on the 16th when the first batch of tornadoes hit, and one hit a block away. Worse thing they had was a branches in the yard, and lots of insulation all over. My house was 2.5 miles away, and it looked as if nothing occured.

We basically raced the storms comign home from vacation without realizing how bad they were. We left my father's the day before his area got hit, and left the campgrounda few hours before the storms hit.

These are my insurance pics from damage in one of the recent storm passes. The top third of a big pine sailed over and poked a hole in the roof, before sliding down the side of the house to punch in a window.

It's nowhere near as bad as many folks who got really slammed this week.

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/JosephBob/Storm%20%20April%2011/

I'm actually happy about the whole thing. 90 seconds before the tree poked a hole in the roof and broke a slat out of his top bunk, I had taken my 9 year old son out of the bottom bunk to sleep downstairs.

God is good.

JoeBob,

Must respectfully disagree with the "God is good" comment.

It should be

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" :)

Sorry I couldn't exist. I know how you feel. He was looking after us in both cases, especially when the family was camping.

Eagle: If you're disagreeing with 'God is good', we're gonna fight!

You Muslim?

Friar Tuck: "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."

lots of insulation all over.

This was the biggest noticeable thing after the storms passed. I'm working on the theory that the tornado sucked up all the insulation from a Lowe's Home Improvement and carried it aloft, battered it to pieces, and dropped slimy balls of insulation of varying sizes at ten-yard intervals across miles and miles of towns.

Unlike hurricanes or ice storms, which produce wide-spread damage with trees and power lines down everywhere, the tornadoes had a much more limited area of destruction (albeit even more destructive), and the real emblem of the tornadoes for the rest of us was the insulation.

My son said it was the grossest thing he'd ever touched. It looked and felt like a phlegm-covered hairball mixed with bright yellow pine pollen.

Once they started drying out, they'd expand by a factor of ten or so and look much more like what you'd expect insulation to look like.