I admit I have not read all three pages of this thread. But I have received a personal wake up call since I have just redone the family budget for the next year, based upon predictions of $5/gal gas (it's already $4.50 in some areas). I am NOT a happy camper right now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like acco's notion of returning the conversation to basic premises we agree on as Americans, and basic common-sense directions in terms of what's best for the nation. I long for that kind of statesmanship. Acco40 for President!

acco40: "instead a basic discussion on our assumptions of what we expect out of our government is in order"

I wonder if this can even be done any more. Most of what has passed for philosophy in school for the last 50 years has been so skewed by progressivism that very few understand the liberal foundation of the nation. Start to discuss the issues with "positive rights" and people start getting confused and either blow up or shut down.

"Acco40 for President!" I'm going to pick up that gauntlet.

So...OK, you'll have to suffer this thread on the forums for at least 24 more hours.

By now, most of you understand the dim view I have toward these things and, in particular, the ability of the American people to make good decisions. Therefore, in keeping with what seems to have become that great American spirit, I'll promote the hope that not only will Donald Trump be nominated by the Republicans, I hope he beats Obama. It would be just about the best way to accomplish what I couldn't have before..that third term for Dubya. A Trump Presidency would, at least, rush things along to their inevitable outcome. Oh yeah.....

Plus we would get the benefit of his superlative intellect and investigative skills to find the truth about Obama's birthplace. Nice.

And man...just think about those limericks: Trump, Grump, Gump, Bump, Dump, Sump, Rump, Pump, Lump, Stump,.....