Palins Alaska?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to look it up too. But you have to wonder, is it really "her" Alaska if her candidate for Senate (in her own state) can't even beat a write-in candidate? (I realize they are still counting and suing, but that's the way it looks.) Not to mention that she abandoned "her" state by resigning halfway through her one term as governor. If I lived there, I would contest her ownership, you betcha.

I am less interested in learning about Sarah Palin in this series than I am interested in learning more about Alaska. It is something of an odd undertaking, and appears to more of a vehicle for Palin than for Alaska. One could go film the same places and activities without her and put out the same information and spectacular cinemetography. Nevertheless it is what it is. An odd mix of travelogue and personal commentary.

For the record, I am an admirer of Sarah Palin.

I didn't get to see it, but it comes on again tonight at 10:00 PM. Will record it in case I don't get to watch it. I'm mildly interested in it.

The first episode of the eight-part series was the most-watched program launch in TLC's history.

I saw it. As with all reality shows, it drug a little. All in all, it was quite good. Some catchy lines, beautiful scenery, and a normal set of American family dynamics. It was interesting seeing Sarah Palin filming a segment with O'Reilly from their house with Todd doing all of the technical aspects. Clearly an initial success for TLC. The scenes and activities are certainly worth watching.

I watched it. (And learned how to Tivo on the internet as I was out of town when I heard about it.) I thought it very interesting.

And it's "her" Alaska just as much as South Carolina is MY state. It's not "her" possessing Alaska, it's Alaska possessing her. She is a citizen of Alaska, just as I am a citizen of South Carolina. That makes it "hers", no matter what office she may or may not hold. You don't have to hold office to be a citizen.