I beleive it was Immanuel Kant in Critique of Pure Reason tells us that we can only experience things through our own eyes and the sum of our past experiences.

We are all biased, just ask any Chicagoan about Pizza and their opinion on New York Pizza, or a New Yorker on Chicago Pizza (Chicago is of course the best, did I just expose a bias?)

There was a time when being a man (or woman) of "discriminating tastes" was regarded as a good thing, now being discriminatory has a negative connotation

yeah Gern is biased, just as I am biased, I tend to think that our biases is what makes us diverse, and I of course celebrate diversity

Nah, CalicoPenn, yeh missed it. OGE exposed his bias for Prussian philosophers. ;)

So I might just be out of it, but what is this thread about anyways? It's not linked to any other thread, so I just took it to be a commentary on da use of statistics. Having listened to too many know-nothing politicians in recent weeks, it seemed apropos.

B

Well, yah, sure, if yeh want it to be. :)

Someone posts a quote about how statistics can be misused, and your first thought in response is to take a swipe at religion?

Yep, that's a bias.

I'm sorry you're feelin' all tweaked out about my comment, but if da shoe fits...

Beavah

(This message has been edited by Beavah)