Obama refuses to sign Eagle certificates

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who believes the trash that spews from Glen Becks mouth is even dumber than he is. (if that is even possible, lol)

Frank, this hoax demands you close this thread, it is a disservice to the BSA and its entire membership. Gern IMHO you should be banned from this site permanently.

First there are calls to close or retitle my thread, now calls for me to be permanently banned. And there wasn't even any vulgarity or personal attacks.

Oh well, like the accused witch in Python's Holy Grail, "Its a fair cop!"

I'm sure BadenP meant that in the same humorous, satirical tone with which this thread was started.

I agree with Frank, if truth and accuracy were the standards for the forum, a lot of posts (and posters) would have to be removed. Of course, what and who that would be would depend on who the decider(s) were. Since they presumably would be fallible human beings like the rest of us, it's probably not a good idea.

In the immortal words of Ulysses Everett McGill, "I'm in a tight spot!"

That email was standard Obama bashing noise I get daily from my father in law and other relatives of his Fox News generation. Normally I just delete without comment, but this one I opened and read. I thought it would be fun to just post the email in its entirety and give a quick comment much like my relatives add to their forwarded messages.

Wise?, perhaps not, but I also enjoy poking badgers with sticks.

Thanks for playing.

Gern,

If you wish people to be misled by your post, then don't take down the thread. I agreed with Pack that the way you worded the original post, that Obama was refusing to sign Eagle certificates. Just trying not to sully Obama incorrectly. As far as accuracy in the media, all news sources have errors. It is clear that most of the media is so far to the left that important stories are often ignored. For example, the scandal with Holder dropping charges on the Black Panthers for voting rights crimes that resulted in the resignation of a DoJ attorney. A representative was asked about this at a town hall meeting and was throughly criticized when he said that he was not aware of the incident. He said that his staff was not aware of the issue even though they read 60 news sources everyday - Fox was noticeably off the list. So if you wish to be led like a sheep, don't watch Fox. If you want to be able to understand what is happening in the country, watch Fox and another major outlet.

"For example, the scandal with Holder dropping charges on the Black Panthers for voting rights crimes that resulted in the resignation of a DoJ attorney."

Didn't the Bush administration already look at this? Why didn't they prosecute it? Perhaps you should be watching or listening to something in addition to Fox... just a suggestion.

Sorry, it was in the 2008 election and the prosecution was the Obama administration. According to a DoJ attorney (not the one that resigned), Holder said that the DoJ would not prosecute any charges of civil rights violations regarding voting by the Black Panthers. Just keep your heads in the sand and think that you are so bright.

"...but I also enjoy poking badgers with sticks"

That is so WRONG! AS a scouter ( ie nature lover) You should be sooooo ashamed!

We lead the future generations by example. THose of us who do not respect badgers today...will not respect anything tommorrow!

Except chihuahuas. Everybody knows they are just big rats on crack! :)

Gern

I guess this a case where the badger took your stick away and starting poking you back, lol.

Still I am going to miss you around here when you are BANNED FOR LIFE, lmao. So buck up, I hear that Beck is looking for interns, good luck.

This one is being spread all over Fort AP Hill this week. I'm convinced most people here don't want him anywhere near that arena show because they think it's true. Shame they don't realize how great an opportunity it is for the boys to see a sitting president.

I have a feeling Gern also goes to house fires with a can of gasoline rather than a fire extinguisher. Odd sense of humor...

Since the can of worms has been opened, let's let them all out. Mr. Obama does have his name on our Eagle Certificates. He has accepted the invitation to be Honorary President of BSA. But where does his support lie in relation to the organization I love so dearly? Does he support the Law and Oath and what we stand for?

I would like to hear if he has ever expressed his feeling toward Boy Scouts of America. I have never really heard anything from him. But I have to assume he fully supports us. Otherwise, being a man of integrity, why would he agree to sign the certificates. By doing so, doesn't he publicly state that he stands in line with us?

If not, why would we WANT him to serve as our Honorary President?

Ken