Nope, I'm not still thinking about that misguided Galileo affair...THIS is REALLY important. The Catholic Church has finally recognized the divine character of 'The Blues Brothers':

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37752137/ns/today-entertainment/

"Vatican calls Blues Brothers a Catholic classic"

Whew! Time to add this one to the Citizenship-in-the-whatever MB movie list.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The semester from hell is over and I'm back from paradise. Nothing left now but to pester all of us who've been 'left behind', almost like being on "a mission from God". Jake and Elwood would probably approve.

"I hate Illinois Nazis"

Loved the Maxwell street scenes, its like that even when they are not shooting the movie

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now."

Actually, the Penguin was mild compared to the real nuns at my school

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

Gotta love driving an unmarked black and white Mount Prospect cop car

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

True Cinematic Legend. . .

Heck, I always wondered how they got to Honey Hill Beach in Wauconda (yes the Wauconda mentioned by Ray Stantz in Ghostbusters) from Chicago while doing a one day exploitation in preparation for their Concert.

BTW SSScout wins the quote contest with "I have always loved you"

Then again its the movies, In Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Steve Martin and John Candy drive from St Louis to Chicago and seem to stray often from Interstate 55 (thats the Double Nickel for you cool guys in the know and the Stevenson for the Chi peeps)if there were ever on it, well yes they were on it, they stay in a hotel just outside of the Chicago Land area) it takes them 2 days and its a 5-6 trip max, but I digress

While we are digressing, I want to know how Harrison Ford (The Fugitive) did his dive off of Cheoah Dam in the mountains of NC and then made it back to his hospital in practically no time. Show me that kind of topography anywhere near Chicago.

Heck Pack, in the greatest movie ever made, "Follow me boys" the bus is a couple hours from Chicago when it stops in Hickory (I always thought thats where Hoosiers was set, but I digress from my digression). The band leader says he want to get to Chicago before dark because of a busted tail light (which gives you a ticket even in daylight BTW)

Later Whitey has to repel down quite a gorge to rescue the scout who didnt pay attention to WHiteys warnings. Where is that around Chicago?